Ponds add tranquility and serenity to any place. The biggest challenge any pond owner faces is the retention of water. Ponds get drained easily because of leakage or seepage of water to the ground, especially when the soil is porous. In order to retain water in the pond for a long period of time, pond liners are utilized. The traditional pond liners used are mostly made of materials such as concrete, fiberglass, rubber etc. These materials are not always eco-friendly and may cause a toxic environment for organisms in the pond, such as fish and plants. Some of these materials may also cause a permanent damage to the earth.
The Ultimate Solution – Geomembrane Liners!
In order to retain water in smaller ponds, larger ponds, fountains, waterfalls, lakes, streams, and other water resources, and also to protect fishes, aquatic plants and other organisms in the pond, geomembrane liners are used. Geomembrane fabrics are eco-friendly and also non-hazardous for the living organisms in the pond. The biggest benefit of using geomembrane, aside from it being eco-friendly, is the fact that it can also be quite economical. A geomembrane liner is made of material like LLDPE film, polyethylene, PVC and polypropylene.
There are multiple benefits in the utilization of geomembrane liners and some of them are as follows:
- It is eco-friendly.
- It can be cheaper than concrete which makes it economical.
- It is fish and aquatic-plant friendly.
- Geomembrane liners can be prefabricated in order to fit any pond size.
- It is fairly easy and quick to install in ponds, lakes even with features like water fountains and other pipes.
- It is reinforced which makes it resistant to tear. The liner coating increases its resistance to puncture by sharp objects such as rocks pond features.
- The liner lifespan can be as long as 20 years or even longer especially when buried.
- Geomembrane liners are made to survive severe weather conditions such as extreme heat or extreme cold and other harsh climatic conditions.
- Some types of geomembrane liners are NSF approved for potable drinking water.
Customized Sizes and Shapes
The manufacturers of geomembrane pond liner offer liners in various shapes and sizes that will easily fit any type of ponds and lakes. Customers can also place orders for customized pond liners in required shapes and sizes that will fit their ponds better than traditional liners. The manufacturer can provide necessary information on which type of geomembrane liner is most suitable for a particular application. Some information is posted in the website.
About the Author:
This Article is provided by Western Environmental Liner, a division of Western Ag Enterprises. Over 60 million square feet of industrial fabrics is converted a year at their manufacturing plants located in Tolleson, Arizona, Great Bend Kansas and Romulus, New York.
Western Environmental Liner has several years of experience working with liners for applications ranging from vapor barrier & Golf Pond Liner to Waste Containment liners & Oil Field Liners. Western Environmental Liner services some of the major big companies such as Shell Oil, Raytheon, Cargill, & Motorola.