If you are going to buy your first apartment, then you should make a checklist to avoid unpleasant surprises and excess investment.
• Decide on the area you want to buy an apartment. This may involving spending some time in that area or at least doing some research at home.
• Before you buy, research the market to make sure you are getting value for money. Talk to independent valuers and real estate agents, and check recent sales in the area. Don’t rely on advice from the developer or their agent. This is particularly important if you are buying off the plans. You want to know that the value of the finished apartment will reflect at least what you paid. Roof Agency being an independent real estate agent will guide you to take unbiased and right decision.
• Visit as many places as you can looking for properties that fit your criteria, so you’ll have a good idea of what your money buys.
Even after finding an apartment through a property dealer in delhi the following should be checked.
• Check that the property you are interested in is close to the facilities you require., for example shops, public transport, parks, hospitals, schools, work, gym, etc.
• When you choose to live in an apartment consider whether the building is close to clubs, cafes or other live music venues. • What is the amount of passing traffic – will it be noisy at peak hour ? Will the noise affect your lifestyle? It is a good idea to arrange an inspection of the building during the evening or during peak hour traffic before you agree to the purchase. For a property in delhi near a non stop bar or crowdy market place then from time to time people get drunk at night and make a lot of noise or buses run throughout the night.
• How old is the building? You should consider the age of the building.Are any facilities likely to require repairs or replacement? It is strongly recommended that you obtain an architect or engineers report on the building before deciding to buy.
• What are the security measures for example, can anyone walk into the building? Are there any security cameras?
• Does it have a balcony so you can enjoy the view or afternoon sunshine? Or are you blocked by other buildings or facing the wrong way for the sun?
• What are the maintenance charges? Many people don’t think at this aspect when they buy a new apartment. They will generally cover the municipal tax, property tax, assessment tax, water charges, common electricity charges, elevator charges and charges for hired help, like the garbage cleaner and security. Find out how much is the maintenance charge and what is included in the charge. For example, car parking charges may be separate.
• If you have a car this must be an important question to ask. Will car parking be provided and do you have to pay extra for it? Check with the seller of the apartment if his/ her parking slot will be made available to you. If your previous owner did not have a vehicle, speak to the secretary of the society and ask for a parking slot.
Roof Agency is a New Delhi/NCR based Real estate agency dedicated to provide unparalleled service by putting our client's needs and goals first. Visit our website for the best deals.
Roof Agency is a New Delhi/NCR based Real estate agency dealing with residential property, commercial premises, relocation services, sales and purchase of property in Delhi and NCR.
Check points before buying a property in Delhi