The weather is warming up and while it’s not officially spring, we can feel it getting closer each day! As the cold weather withers away, motorcycle season is in full affect! At Mount Holly Powersports, we eat, sleep and breathe motorcycles and we know you do too! When you ride your bike you feel free-spirited, energized and merely invincible! While we know the word “safe” is not always synonymous with “fun,” it is important to us that you practice motorcycle safetythis season! To stay out of harm’s way on your motorcycle, Mount Holly Powersports is sharing some safety tips for our fellow motorcycle enthusiasts!
Prepare for the Season
While the winter was rather mild, there are some things you should do before hitting the road after it was tucked away for months. Give your bike a look over and check out a few things:
- Check the oil and fuel level of your bike
- Make sure the mirrors are positioned properly
- Test the lights, turn signals and breaks
- Check the cables to make sure they are not worn
- Lube the chain and adjust it according to the manufacturer’s directions
- Try and brush up your skills through quick research or an actual training course
Invest in Quality Gear
When you’re riding free on the open road, not much separates you and the pavement. Wearing quality, tough gear is a smart choice to make in case anything should happen.
- Find a quality helmet that fits well. If it does not have a face shield, wear goggles or glasses with safety lenses
- Now is your chance to use safety as your reasoning behind buying that expensive leather jacket! Maybe even get the pants while you’re shopping around. While black is a common and appealing color, bright colors will help drivers see you better
- Wear durable, non-slip gloves
- Invest in boots or sneakers that cover and protect your ankles
When You’re Riding
We know that you’re out to have a good time, but there’s a lot you can do to keep yourself safe while you’re riding around!
- Wear a helmet at all times that fits well. Make sure it has the DOT label, which shows that it meets federal safety standards
- Stick to the speed limit
- Use your signals
- Don’t tailgate other vehicles
- Know your bike’s limits
- Be respectful of other drivers
- Don’t weave through traffic or on the shoulder
- Make sure other drivers can see you
- Break smart, using both breaks at the same time
Now that your safety is in check, it’s time to start riding! Come visit Mount Holly Powersports in Lumberton, NJ and take a look at our selection of bikes! “Like” us on Facebook to stay up to date with our latest happenings and inventory!