With modern technological advancements influencing all aspects of our
lives, the new age mantra of going wireless has caught on with
restaurant ordering system. Let’s take a look at the potential
advantages of the same.
system works through handheld devices connected to a main POS server,
potential errors and omissions in the manual order taking process of the
traditional Point of sale restaurant are eliminated.
• Wait staff are promted with a follow up screen to select the modifier options for a particular dish for the customer.
• Data is directly processed to the POS system; omiting all errors during transfer of data.
• No queue up for inputting the manual orders at the POS terminals, saving time and reducing staff requirements.
• The wait staff avoids taking orders of unavailable foodstuffs, as the system prompts the status of stocks while ordering.
The orders into the kitchen are more evenly spaced out, which avoids
overstuffing the kitchen with too many orders at one time.
Increases revenue and reduces input costs for the setup
a wireless POS restaurant, the staffing approach of the restaurant is
more cost effective and efficient. The opportunity to schedule less
skilled staff who can serve more tables through up selling and increase
revenue through quicker table turns.
• In this system, all
the menu options and modifiers are saved on handheld devices which can
be easily updated at any time. This leads to reduction in training cost
and the reliance on memory, during order taking process.
The satisfaction levels of restaurant staff increases as they serve
more tables, which in turn raises their tips. A stable workforce for the
restaurant will reduce acquisition
and training costs of new staff.
• It’s also a way to practice the ‘Go Green’ initiative in the restaurant by avoiding the use of pen, pencil and paper.
• It is more energy efficient and cost effective as the number of fixed POS restaurant systems is reduced.
above listed benefits lead to a higher level of operational efficiency
within the restaurant. Now let’s look at things from the perspective of
• Easy search of all the dishes at the touch
of a button makes the customer feel delighted. The visual treat ends up
with customers not only choosing their preferred dishes, but also leads
them to experiment with a number of options from the menu list. In a
nutshell, POS restaurant system ease up the ordering system both for the
customers and the table staff.
• The customers get an
instant response to their query about ingredients, and nutritional
information of the dishes. You are in a better position to gauge the
regular customers preferred choices of food and seating.
customer either can view the cheque on the handheld device or can be
emailed directly from the handheld for their records.
benefits of wireless order taking system are extensive and many
restaurateurs have already implemented this technology, realizing its
potential to generate more revenue than older installed systems. So gear
up for the change, there are huge benefits in adopting the latest
About the Author:
With over 10 years of experience in developing point of sale restaurant
applications, the author of this article is a self made software
developer, a good cook, and a globe trotter. She has developed different
cloud based applications for restaurant ordering system that are being used by different hospitality industry players.
Benefits of Wireless Restaurant Ordering System