Python is a great programming language and it has some cool features which makes it more demanding among the developers. It has the perfect combination of high performance and extensive features that makes writing programs both fun and easy. It runs on almost every OS - Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X and has been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines. PHP and Python are two of the world's most popular web programming languages at the moment and naturally both have their own set of pros and cons. Some of the mammoth sites like Facebook and Google are developed in PHP and Python respectively.
Python can do many useful things right out of the box and provides all the basic tools and features that programmers have to expect of a major programming language. It has a very powerful but simplistic way of doing object-oriented programming, especially when compared to big languages like C++ or Java. Because of this open source nature, Python has been ported to work on many platforms.
Python is a complete programming solution and it proves its best with these three vital points. First, it is open source and completely free, even for commercial use, as are many of the key scientific libraries. Second, it runs natively on Windows, Mac OS, Linux and others, as does its standard library and the third point is the third party libraries that fits quick scripting and large development projects equally well. Website showcases the diversity of environments in which Python provides a scalable, well-supported and complete programming solution for research and scientific coding. All these combinations make it an absolute cool technology to carry your basic business needs.
Python lends itself to the creation of highly readable, compact and well structured code. As embedded systems grow in complexity, the advantage of using Python to enhance traditional techniques becomes more and more important. Python is lighting the way to the future of computing.
Some of the most important tools that help in reducing complexity and help make Python richer are the web frameworks below - Zope2, Web.py, Pyramid, Django, Web2py and CubicWeb.
1. Zope known as Python killer app, which makes it all the more popular. It is a great tool support existing applications built on it. It is a framework for building secure web solutions. Powered applications and portals have been developed and used for years and have an outstanding security record. This allows users to harness the advantages of object technologies, such as encapsulation. It is the proud descendant of one of the longest-established web server frameworks which operates in any language.
2. Pyramid is a flexible framework. It is a lightweight web framework emphasizing flexibility and rapid development. It combines the very best ideas from the worlds of Ruby, Python and Perl, providing a structured but extremely flexible Python Web framework. It's also one of the first projects to leverage the emerging WSGI standard, which allows extensive re-use and flexibility but only if you need it. It is a successor of Pylons. Pylons aims to make Web development fast, flexible and easy.
3. Django is Web framework is for perfectionists. It makes it easier to build better Web apps more quickly and with less code. A high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. It lets you build high-performing, elegant Web applications quickly. This is what makes Django development services popular.
4. Web.py, a low-abstraction framework that provides only the essentials for Web development. It is simple as it is powerful and can be used for whatever purpose with absolutely no restrictions. It decreases complexity and increases efficiency that you will gain in the long run - a key pursuit of the true hacker - that makes these tools worth a small investment of time to learn. Free open source full-stack framework for rapid development of fast, scalable, secure and portable database-driven web-based applications. It favors rapid development, convention over configuration approach and follows model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
5. Web2py, a higher-level framework that provides its own Web-based integrated development environment, Its ease of use and deployment features, catalyses InfoWorld to rank highest among the top six web frameworks won the with the following motivation - Web2py installs everything you need -- even a Python interpreter -- for building a Python-based Web application. Its a creator's mission, to build an easy-to-use framework extends throughout. In fact, Web2py's combination console and dashboard is where all your application development activities take place -- even editing your application files. Finally, Web2py lets you embed Python code into your Web page's HTML, so you don't have to learn a new template language. With all its built-in assistance, Web2py displays an object in HTML, XML, JSON, or any of the half-dozenm protocols the framework supports.
6. Among these popular tools, Web2py ranks number one, then Zope 2 is the second highest, Django is the third, Pyramid is in fourth position then Web.py and the last is Cubicweb in terms of capability, ease of development, documentation and installation.
Each one has its own specialty and can be used to suit your new needs. If you wish to choose wizards to guide you along the way then Web2py can meet your needs. CubicWeb will be an ideal choice if data comes from different sources. Varied businesses will have varied requirements and the onus lies on us to weigh in our needs versus the options we have at disposal.
If you need Python development services or are looking for assistance on any of the Python web frameworks, or you would like to know what makes us expert Satchmo devs, please contact us at Mindfire Solutions.
Pillars of Python: Six Python Web Frameworks