How much will it cost you to hire a housekeeping service? Well, the answer is it varies. The cost of getting your house cleaned by such a service depends on many factors like the location of your abode, its size, cleaning requirements, frequency, etc. And it is always a good to idea to ask for a home inspection by your shortlisted maid service providers, so they can get a better understanding of your home, its cleaning requirements, and your cleaning specifications, and give you estimates which you can compare.
What are the factors that impact cost?
1. Location – If your place is located in the city, you will have a lot of competitive pricing policies to choose from. But, if it is located in some far flung area you can expect to pay a higher price, considering the cost and time to reach your place. The prices also differ in different parts of the country.
2. Size of your house – The size or square footage of your home also determines the cost. The larger the area the greater the price tag and vice versa. If you want only certain rooms/ bathrooms to be cleaned by the home cleaning service, you can let them know. This could considerably reduce the quotation.
3. Frequency of cleaning – The prices will also change according to the frequency of maids services used i.e. weekly, monthly, bi-weekly, etc. The prices for initial cleaning and monthly cleanings are expected to be higher than bi-monthly or weekly cleanings. Regular cleaning usually secures a significant discount.
4. Type of cleaning – The typical services a housekeeping services offers are dusting, vacuuming and scrubbing counter tops, sinks, bathtubs, floors and the hood over the stove. Therefore, it is advisable that you do a quick tidy-up before the cleaners arrive. Because if you leave a lot of clutter around the house, the cleaners or maid will have to clean-up your place before they can actually start to clean. And you might end up paying an increased cost.
5. Number of people, children, teenagers and pets in your household – More people you have in your household, more will be the household chores to be done and more the price. Similarly, if you have children, teenagers or pets in your house you can expect to pay more since such houses are usually more time-consuming and difficult to clean.
6. Special requirements or extra services – Most of the house cleaning service providers have a list of customary items and extra services. It is advisable that you get to know these lists. Because opting to avail of the extra services might add up to the normal cost. Some common extra services include cleaning an oven, the inside of the refrigerator, windows, doing dishes, making beds / changing sheets, etc. Dusting and cleaning blinds and other surfaces will also be an additional fee.
On a final note, make sure to negotiate and agree on a price with your prospective housekeeping service provider before the work is started.For more visit http://www.maidformommy.com/.
Factors Determining Housekeeping Service Cost