While you are working on your ecommerce web design, it is quite possible that you may get caught up with the aesthetic aspects of the website and ignore the marketing considerations. You should never forget that design is important, but the main purpose of any ecommerce website is to make sales. Here are a few marketing considerations to make during ecommerce website design.
- Your website should have a highly targeted and clear brand direction. You may see sites that have a really luxurious feel but are trying to market their products to a low end market. Whenever a customer visits your website, he should get a clear picture of what you are trying to sell.
- Pictures have a lot of impact on customers and good pictures mean that the ecommerce web design is sharable on social media. Adding quality photographs in ecommerce design can ultimately make or break a website.
- Give proper attention to internal pages too. Home page is not the whole website; it is the first landing page. No doubt that the home page is important for creating a first impression but the internal pages are also important for closing sales.
- Make sure that you put contact links on the website. A contact us tab on the upper right corner of the home page would be good.
- Every ecommerce web design should have trust symbols to ensure customers about the authenticity of the website. Badges like VeriSign, Better Business Bureau and MacAfee can increase the customer’s faith in the website and the products.
- The most commonly overlooked, but the most important design element is ecommerce website design is the calls to action. These little buttons or icons make the user take action on your website, it is very important that you put the right icons at the right place.