The industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market. The report provides comprehensive information on type 2 diabetes, highlighting the treatment guidelines. It identifies and analyses the key trends shaping and driving the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market. It analyses the treatment usage patterns in the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market. The report also provides insights into the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positions of the existing market leaders. The report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products within the global type 2 diabetes sector. It quantifies the unmet need in the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market as well as in the individual markets such as the US and the top five countries in Europe, highlighting the opportunity for future players. http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/type-2-diabetes-global-drug-forecasts-and-treatment-analysis-to-2020.html
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData analysis shows that the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market was worth $23.7 billion in 2011. Between 2002 and 2011, the market grew at a rate of 11.8%. By 2020, the market is expected to be worth $45.1 billion, indicating a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.4% between 2011 and 2020.
The global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market is very attractive and has primarily been driven by the growth in patient volume and the annual cost of therapy. Patient volume has been driven by the increased incidence and prevalence of diabetes and the growth in treatment usage patterns, such as the diseased population, the treatment-seeking population, the diagnosed population and the prescription population. The annual cost of type 2 diabetes therapy was driven by the uptake of newly approved drugs, such as Actos (pioglitazone) and Avandia (rosiglitazone) until 2006 and the launch of new therapies, such as Levemir (insulin detemir), Byetta (exenatide), Januvia (sitagliptin), and Victoza (liraglutide). The annual cost of therapy was also driven by the increased use of multiple drugs per patient and the adoption of combination therapies, such as Actoplusmet (pioglitazone and metformin), Avandamet (rosiglitazone and metformin), Janumet (sitagliptin and metformin) and Duetact (pioglitazone and glimepiride) in the first-line and second-line treatment of type 2 diabetes patients.
Metformin, alone or in combination with other oral agents, has become the standard of care for the first-line treatment of type 2 diabetes patients. Similarly, metformin in combination with DPP4 inhibitors or GLP-1 analogs has become one of the most commonly prescribed treatment options for type 2 diabetes. In 2011, within the countries analyzed in this report (the US, EU5, Japan and BRIC countries), the US was the leading market with an estimated market share of 52.7%. Japan was the second leading market with an approximate market share of 12.8%, closely followed by Germany with an approximate market share of 7.5%. In 2011, Lantus was the leading drug, with approximate sales worth $3.6 billion and a market share of 18%. Januvia/Janumet, the DPP4 inhibitor was the second leading drug, with approximate sales of $3.4 billion and a market share of 17.1%. Actos was the third leading drug, with an approximate sales value of $1.9 billion and a market share of 9.6%.
The scope of the report includes -
- An overview of type 2 diabetes which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns data by stage of the disease from 2002 to 2011, forecast for 9 years to 2020.
- Geographies covered in this report include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France Japan and BRIC countries that include Brazil, Russia, India and China
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges and predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including drug launch analysis and drug sales forecasts.
- Product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, annual cost, regulatory approvals, LCM activities, product positioning and drug sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet need in the market and target product profile including opportunity for target product.
- Technology trends analytic framework to assess strength of pipeline.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split by stage of the disease and line of therapy across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include SGLT-2 inhibitors, 11ß HSD inhibitors, CCR2 antagonists, selective inhibitors of fructose 1, 6-bisphosphatase, immunomodulators, cortisol synthesis inhibitors, interleukin-1ß antagonists, gastrin-releasing peptide (GRP) receptor agonists, GPR 119 agonists, TLR-4 receptor agonists, FXR antagonists and GSK-3 inhibitors.
- Clinical trials mapping for type 2 diabetes in different regions.
- An overview of the most promising drugs’ including clinical study details, efficacy, safety, collaboration agreements, marketing rights, and launch analysis and drug sales forcasts to 2020.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis. Key future market players covered include Astellas Pharma Inc, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, Sanofi, J&J and Hoffmann La Roche.
- Analysis of licensing agreements during 2008-2011 in the type 2 diabetes therapeutics market. M&A analysis which includes M&A deals by size and geography.
- Strategic assessment of the market through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from key opinion leaders (KOL) or physicians in the type 2 diabetes therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies and perform superior market quantification analysis by
- Understanding the trends shaping and driving the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market.
- Understanding treatment preferences of physicians in disease state and across treatment flow.
- Accessing market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the global type 2 diabetes therapeutics market till 2020.
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/type-2-diabetes-global-drug-forecasts-and-treatment-analysis-to-2020.html
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
Our Blogs: http://in.linkedin.com/pub/bharat-book/3a/98/512
Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts