According to a recent research, it has been found that Android is the most preferred and used mobile OS platform in the world. Day by day, internet data usage from Android devices has increased like leaps and bounds. One of the primary reasons behind its massive success is because of the fact that, it is an open source development platform. The popularity of Android OS is growing rapidly and today almost all major mobile device manufacturers are using Android OS for their devices.
Since the release of Android in 2007, it brought a revolution in the mobile app industry. It was introduced by tech giant Google as an open source mobile device operating system and has empowered the Smartphone app market. Nowadays, most of android apps could be availed for free, to the developers as well as users.
Mobile app developers are now willing to make the best use out of Android app development platform. The software development kit (SDK) offered by Android also offers numerous convenient features makes android app development a piece of cake.
Reasons why business industries are opting for Android application development:
- Android is a free and open source development platform; hence, it provides the independence to the developers to modify the source code in order meet specific business needs. Also, being a free platform it eliminates the worry of availing permissions and other copyrights.
- It facilitates development of secured and reliable application which is less prone to bugs and security flaws.
- Because of its open source nature, the cost involved in the development process is low as well as the development time is substantially reduced. This facilitates the development team to build application faster and provide cost efficient solution to their customers.
- Android also offers to be hassle free and a simple operating system. It provides numerous customized layouts that offer to be the best option for all kinds of project work.
- Android’s kernel is built upon Linux operating system, which provides higher performance stability and provides a smoother operation of apps; thereby, eliminating the fear of crashes and hangs.
- It works on Eclipse IDE which is particularly useful for a faster and easier android app development process.
- A developer can easily customize it using the Android Development Tools Plugin which in turn helps in enhancing the quality and quantity of Android mobile applications.
- Since C, C++ and Java programming languages are used in Android app development, it becomes really easy for developers to build android apps.
Today, Smartphone as become ubiquitous in the consumer market; people are now opting for smart phones over the usual ones. This has also contributed to the popularity of the Android application development. It has facilitated to be the best platform for promoting products and services to wider group of people with no or minimal effort. Android also offers to be the most suitable option for building apps for a wide of categories like: Medical, Entertainment, Education, Business Utilities, E-Commerce, Social Media and many more.
Android Mobile Application Development is the hottest new demand in the mobile app development industry. It has become the primary option for developers as well as businesses around the world for building cost efficient and unique solution.
Jay Dee works for an Android Application Development company, which is a part of Andolasoft. Many of his articles showcases the contribution outsourcing has brought into the arena of Ruby on rails development, iPhone application development, CakePHP Development and Android application development. For more Information please visit www.andolasoft.com