The .Net Framework comprises a technology which renders support to development and operation of the generation next XML Web services and applications. This framework aims to carry out the following tasks:
Function of the frameworks
- Make room for a reliable object-oriented programming atmosphere irrespective of whether object code is executed remotely, executed locally and internet distributed or stored as well as executed locally.
- Provide a convenient environment for code execution which reduces the chances of versioning conflicts and software deployment.
- Render a code-execution ambience promoting secure code execution, incorporating code generated by a semi-trusted or unknown third party.
- Provide an environment for code execution which does away with the performance related issues with respect to interpreted or scripted environments.
- Develop each and every communication with respect to industry specific standards to enable the .Net framework code to get synchronized with other codes.
The .Net framework consists of two prime components. One is the CLR or the common language runtime, which is in fact the execution engine taking care of the running applications. The second is the framework’s class library that offers a library of reusable, tested code which can be called from the developers own applications. The frameworks of .Net provide the following services for running applications:
The frameworks of .Net web development make the technology totally transparent for the users. So far as the developers are concerned, interoperability and the language independence of the .Net framework allow developers to select any language supporting the framework for creation of applications.
- Memory management: In a number of programming languages, the responsibility of release and allocation of memory and handling of object lifetimes lies on the programmers. So far as the .Net Framework is concerned, the CLR offers these services in support of the application.
- Common type architecture: With respect to conventional programming languages, the compiler defines the basic types and this makes cross-language interoperability complicated. In case of .Net, the type system defines the basic types, which are the same for all languages targeting the .Net framework.
- Comprehensive class library: In place of writing a large number of codes for handling general low-level operations for programming, a conveniently accessible types’ library can be used by programmers from the Class library.
- Development technologies and frameworks: The .Net framework consists of libraries with respect to particular aspects of application development like ASP.NET in case of web applications, Windows Communication Foundation in case of service related applications and ADO.NET with respect to data success.
- Interoperability of language: CIL or Common Intermediate Language is an intermediate code emitted by language compilers which target the .Net Framework. In fact, the common language runtime compiles the same at run time. With the help of this feature, routines that are composed in a particular language can be accessed by other languages. Therefore, programmers are able to concentrate on creation of applications in the language that they want.
- Version compatibility: Although there are some rare exceptions, it is possible to run applications developed through leveraging a specific edition of the .Net framework without any kind of modifications on a later edition.
- Simultaneous execution: The frameworks in .Net facilitate the resolution of version conflicts by enabling manifold editions of the common language runtime to be present across the same computer. Thus, it implies that a number of editions of the applications can operate together. Moreover, it is possible for an application to run on the same edition of the .Net framework with the help of which it was developed.
- Targeting multiple platforms: Developers can target the portable class library of the .Net Framework. This enables them to come up with assemblies that are able to operate on manifold platforms of the framework, like Windows Phone, Windows 8, Xbox 360, Windows 7, and so on.
We provide ASP.Net development services. If you would like to hire .Net developers from our team, please get in touch with us at Mindfire Solutions.
The role of Frameworks in .Net