Singapore is a cosmopolitan country which is recognized for multiple attractions. Apart from beaches and markets, it also has some top-class museums. This article peeps into the island’s favorite and must-visit museums.
Singapore has always lured shoppers and beach fanatics. Even the adventure-prone tourists have relished a Singapore holiday for its top-notch outdoor opportunities. But if you thought that this island has got nothing to offer to a historian, then you were clearly thinking on the wrong lines. Singapore has an eclectic range of museums which will easily devour your entire day and still leave you asking for more.
Here is a quick check into the best museums of Singapore:
1. Singapore Art Museum or SAM: If you have a penchant for art or if you are crazy about paintings, then this museum would leave you spellbound and completely amazed. It enjoys a hefty collection of art objects and works of all kinds. From the modern paintings to the old-age sculptures to some latest multimedia features, the mighty collection crosses 7,000 in number. This museum is certainly worth a visit.
Opening Hours: All 7 days (10 am to 7 pm), Friday (10 am to 9 pm)
Special Tip: You can get free admission on Friday between 6 pm and 9 pm. Otherwise, the entry ticket is priced at $10 Singapore.
2. National Museum of Singapore: This museum is one of the most visited museums in the country and houses a number of treasured items from the past. There are scores of galleries, each exhibiting items and artifacts of arts, fashion, history and fashion. Artifacts like Last Will and Testament of Munshi Abdullah are also stacked here. They make for the biggest crowd pullers. This museum is often included under a Singapore package.
Opening Hours: 10 am- 8 pm (all days)
Entry Fee: Free admission from 6-8 pm, otherwise be ready to dole out $10 (Singapore dollar).
3. Peranakan Museum: This museum offers the best peek into the local art, history and culture. The museum chiefly accommodates art objects from local ethnic communities and conjures up a vignette of the indigenous culture and tradition.
Opening Hours: Tue-Sun (9:30 am to 7 pm), Friday (9:30 am to 9 pm), Monday (1 pm to 7 pm)
Admission Fee: $6 on non-Friday days, $3 on Fridays
4. Asian Civilisations Museum: This museum offers a picture of what Asia is all about. Those who are hailing from non-Asian countries must visit this museum for the enlightening experience it offers. Even if you are from an Asian country like India, you will have a great time in checking out the multifarious artifacts which originate from some eastern and west Asian countries.
Opening hours: Tue-Sun (9 am to 7 pm), Friday (9 am to 9 pm), Monday (1 pm to 7 pm)
Entry Fee: $8
5. Singapore Philatelic Museum: Remember your childhood days when you would hunt for stamps from various nations and hailing from different eras? This museum is the biggest stamp collector amongst us. It can show you some of the oldest stamps and even some weird ones in a magnified view. Apart from offering you a view of some old-age stamps, information about their history and preservation are also provided.
Opening Hours: Tue-Sun (9 am to 7 pm), Monday (1 pm to 7 pm)
Entry Fee: $5
For enjoying a Singapore holiday with Singapore tour packages sightseeing of the above-mentioned museums and other top attractions, you are recommended to opt for a Singapore packages offered cheaply by Hungry Bags, a backpackers’ best buddy.
Top 5 Museums You Must Check Out During Singapore Holiday