Qualities of prop designers
Polystyrene can be a synthetic aromatic polymer which is made from the monomer styrene, a liquid petrochemical. It can be rigid or foamed. It is clear, hard & brittle. It is a very less costly resin per unit weight. It is poor to the barrier to oxygen & water vapor and has low melting point. It can be one of the trusted plastics, its production being several kilograms per year. It is of course transparent & is colored with colorants. Its uses include protective packaging, containers, lids, trays, tumblers and disposable cutlery.
Qualification and experience that a prop designer require:
• They need no standard qualifications or specific training.
• They must have a background along with a qualification in art and design or model making and knowledge in the basics of prop making.
• The prop designer train in stage and set design otherwise stage management or else complete a theater technician’s course in performing arts.
• They should have a specialized background or training for example in graphic design, furniture making and fine art.
• The prop designer must have started in junior roles in the art department & learn their skills on the job.
• Glass transition temperature is a hundred degree Celsius.
• Amorphous density at twenty five degree Celsius can be 1.05g/cm3.
• Molecular weight of repeat unit: 104.1 g/mol.
Polystyrene is a clear & colorless polymer which is used extensively for inexpensive applications. It is available commercially in both pellet and sheet form. It has high impact strength, high weather ability and good chemical resistance. The modified grades that seek to correct these shortcomings are going to be commercially available are many in number.
Uses of polystyrene:
• Extruded foam sheet of polystyrene could be thermoformed into such parts as egg cartons or else carryout food containers. It is usually high heat crystal polystyrene with a high molecular weight.
• Another kind of polystyrene foam is that produced from expandable polystyrene beads. These beads could be molded to provide hot drinks cups, ice chests or foam packaging. The expandable beads could be molded in large blocks; they can be cut into sheets for thermal insulation.
• Extruded crystal polystyrene sheet could be bi axial oriented by mechanically pulling the extruded melt in multiple directions. Typical applications include envelope windows, cap layers for glossy sheet to thermo forming into food packaging applications.
• Optical property of polystyrene is used in manufacture of unbreakable glasses for gauges, windows and lenses, in addition to in countless specialties and also for edge lighting for the edge lighting of indicators and dials.
• Solid or liquid pigments & dies color high impact and crystal polystyrenes. This can be accomplished in both extrusion and injection molding processes. The colorants are added & mixed over the melting stage of both the processes.
• The polystyrene parts tend to be more highly inexpensive to top quality printing. Labels could be printed on the polystyrene part to provide attractive containers.
• Polystyrenes are utilised in furniture, packaging, appliances, automobiles, constructions, radios, televisions, toys, house ware items and luggage’s.
Follow this link to know more about custom props
Benefits And Uses of Polystyrenes