Showcase your best photos and images by creating an online portfolio. Photographers will benefit from building an online portfolio that enables them to display and highlight their photographic works. By simply creating a website that includes the features of an online photo gallery, photographers will be able to feature their works and scope of services hence allowing potential customers to view their photography skills and capabilities.
Here are some tips on how to create the portfolio website for photographers:
1. Building a website often starts with choosing a domain name. Your domain name may sometimes contribute to how successful your website can be. Choose a domain name that will suggest the type of specialization or services that you can offer. You may also include some keywords in your domain name to suggest niche photos or topics that you often feature in your website. This will result to more viewers visiting your online portfolio website.
2. You have to take into account that online portfolio website for photographers will be image driven. Choose a website theme that offers built-in templates that include features that will allow you to showcase your photos in the best page layout possible. Website themes often come with custom page templates that will allow you to choose between various pre-designed page layouts, color schemes, skins, and background themes. Choose a template that will harmonize with the types of images of photos that you want to feature.
3. Storage space should also be adequate in order to upload large format image files and other multi-media files. Availing of web hosting services will enable you to upload unlimited number of files that can be easily viewed by your website visitors. Web hosting pages also help map out your website in search engines making it easier for your viewers to find your online portfolio website on the web.
4. Include elements, plugins, and widgets to make your website design more interesting. A photo slider embedded on your home page will enable you to feature your best and most recent works. You may also choose plugins for your control panel to help you manage your file uploads helping you to maintain your online portfolio website easier. Social media widgets, ad modules, and other built-in tools will add more functionality and can make your online portfolio website interactive.
5. Optimize your online portfolio website by using built-in search engine optimization tools. You may also choose to avail of search engine optimization services to help you optimize your website and its corresponding pages, resulting to better page rankings and search query results that can lead to an increase in website traffic.
Whether you’re a professional or a novice photographer, a graphic designer, a fashion designer, or a visual artist, you will definitely have plenty of images and photos that you may want to compile and display via an online portfolio website. Create the best portfolio looking into various features and website capabilities that will make your portfolio website more fun, interesting, and interactive.
Pixpa is a customizable photography website for professional photographers, Artists & Designers. With Pixpa, your online portfolio comes with preset designs, ecommerce, protected galleries, html mirror Site, social media integration and more.
5 Tips to Create Best Portfolio Website for Photographers