In the QuickBooks application, the QBW file is the main database file that holds all the financial information. Apart from this, there are two assistant files as well, .nd and .tlg. These files contain the details about the network connectivity and transactions done during the course of action, respectively. At times, when either of these files are damaged then you are unable to open the QBW file. At such instance, you should try out various methods to perform Intuit QuickBooks recovery failing which a QuickBooks recovery tool must be tried to repair corrupt QuickBooks file.
Let us take an example into consideration in which you are trying to open a QuickBooks company file but unable to do so. An error message is getting displayed in this regard, which is:
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. (-6000,-107)”
Such issue in opening the QuickBooks company file has occurred as there was some problem in writing to the transaction log file.
To repair corrupt QuickBooks file, there are two methods recommended. You should try to perform either or both of them, preferably in the given order:
• Use diagnostics tool: You should try to download, install, and run the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks support page. If the tool detects corrupt data, then you can perform the following measures:
◦ Restore the data from a backup file.
◦ Contact QuickBooks Technical Support to ask for the correct measures to repair QuickBooks database file.
However, if you receive the 'No problem detected in your Company File' message but still get the same error, then try the following method.
• Rename QuickBooks file: You should manually rename the QuickBooks files by performing the following steps:
◦ Click Start | Search and search for the file by providing the *.nd and *.tlg wildcards.
◦ Find the problem company file from the search results and right click on the .nd file and click 'Rename'.
◦ Add '.old' to the end of the company file name. For example, change 'xyz..qbw.nd' to 'xyz.qbw.nd.old'.
◦ Repeat this procedure for the '.tlg' file as well.
◦ Now, open the QuickBooks company file as the problem would be solved by now.
If these methods do not serve your purpose in performing QuickBooks file recovery, then there is need to use a third-party Intuit QuickBooks recovery software. With absolutely flawless user interface and sophisticated scanning algorithms, these QuickBooks repair tools repair QBW files with utmost ease.
QuickBooks Company File is Unable to Open