Are you unable to open a Microsoft Access database that is created in earlier version in Microsoft Office Access 2007? Are you getting strange errors while opening a database table? Well, this problem may occur due to compatibility issues with Microsoft Office Access 2007. It may sometimes damage the database and the queries cannot produce correct output. This behavior makes your Access database inaccessible and cause data loss situations if you do not fix the problem using Access database repair solutions.
For example, consider this scenario - you open an MS Access database designed in earlier version in MS Office Access 2007. You encounter the below error message while trying to open a database table of query in the design mode:
“Microsoft Office Access
The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:
The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist.
* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
* There may have been an error evaluation the function, event, or macro.”
When the above error occurs, database table or query cannot be opened in design view and you cannot access data from it. In order to gain access of your significant data from Access database, you must figure out the cause of this behavior and repair Access file by fixing it.
This problem may occur due to any of the following reasons:
- A query or a database table has same name as a report or form in Microsoft Office Access 2007 database.
- The database is created in earlier version of Microsoft Access and is not compatible with MS Office Access 2007.
- The database is corrupt and Microsoft Access application is unable to read it.
Try out the below steps to fix this issue:
- Rename table or query.
- Convert the Access database to new format, supported by Microsoft Access.
- Use Access file repair software to restore the database.
The Access repair tools are particularly designed to systematically scan corrupt Access database and extract all inaccessible data from it. You do not need to have sound and prior technical knowledge to use these programs as of their rich graphical and interactive user interface.