Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band or the Lap Band is a surgery performed on severely obese persons, to lower their consumption rate. It is done by placing an inflatable silicone device around the top portion of the stomach; it divides the stomach into two parts; the upper and the lower. The upper portion forms a pouch like structure which connects the lower part of the stomach through a slender passage. Surgeons prefer this over other surgical methods because this takes less time and the procedure is very simple. If you face any other health problems doctors can dissolve the band, a facility which you’ll never find in methods like gastric sleeve or gastric bypass. Unlike these surgical processes Lap Band is not irreversible.
With growing rate of overweight people especially severely obese person medical weight loss Miami has become very common. Work outs and healthy diets are always the best way to lose weight but a person with morbid obesity rarely gets any result in this way. These minimally invasive weight loss surgeries especially Lap band is for them only. It helps them to lose weight fast and thus lessen the burden of extra fat.
Behind every successful surgery there lies a recognized clinic. It is because after the surgery a post surgery treatment and healing is also very important. Small surgery centers or clinics are barely able to handle that part. If you do your Lap band form oBand, then let go all of your worries. The most recognized clinic in Miami will provide you the best without a doubt. But before you go for the surgery you need your doctor’s approval, because after all this is a surgery, it has some rules or regulations.
- If your BMI is less than 35 (or you are not severely obese) then you cannot go for Lap Band or any other bariatric surgeries.
- Addictions to drugs and alcohol make you the least favorable for Lap Band.
- Inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract like ulcers, esophagitis or Crohn's disease don't make you a good candidate for this either.
- If you are allergic to some medicines then also you could face problem with this surgical method.
- If your food habit depends on your emotions then you should never go for this.
Post surgery treatment of Lap band Miami involves:-
- Having liquid food just after the surgery, after that semi solid and at last shift to solid foods.
- Try not to lie down just after a meal.
- Avoid junk foods and keep all healthy foods within your reach.
- Try a little bit exercise.
The simplest and the best surgical method will certainly give you the best outcome if you properly carry on the instructions of your doctor and surgeon.