Speaking of editing software, we have got free and chargeable ones. For most professional filmmakers or shooting enthusiast, professional editing software is of great importance to them. In the past few years, professional editors such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro have witnessed the great leaps in technology. They are somehow a little expensive, but offer good value for money due to the wonderful editing performance.
So, what does it take to be professional editing software? Generally speaking, we can make judgement from five aspects: Editing tools, capture & playback, export & production, operation and help & support. Now, let's have a quick look at them one by one as below:
1. To start with Editing Tools, unlike other casual editors, professional editing software provides much more comprehensive and advanced editing tools, allowing users achieve more amazing effect or creating dazzling pictures and sound. For instance, Adobe Premiere CS6 has applied some new features and tools for a more comprehensive and intimate creative experience for the users.
2. Capture & Playback: Professional editing software can able to capture a wide range of video footages shot by most cameras or camcorders. Besides, they allow users to preview the HD footages clearly, offering them the best editing experience possible. For example, Final Cut Pro accepts almost all popular video formats while Adobe Premiere supported video formats covering AVCHD, MOV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WMV and more. Although they seem to be very professional and powerful, they fail to support the newest XAVC format specially adopted by Sony PMW-F5/PMW-F55 camcorders. Therefore, the PMW-F5/PMW-F55 users who want to transfer PMW-F5/F55 XAVC to FCP for editing, they need to render to the third-party software XAVC Video Converter for Mac. It can also help to import PMW-F5/F55 XAVC to Premiere, enabling users to perfect the XAVC footages on Adobe Premiere freely.
3. Export & Production: When we are using some free editing software, we may encounter some problems such as slow rendering, inappropriate output format or unsatisfactory output quality, etc. But with a professional editor, no such problems will occur. Moreover, the production process is relatively faster.
4. Usage: Overall speaking, professional editors are not quite easy to use. However, they will provide the consumer primary version for the newbie, after they have mastered the basic knowledge, they can take the leap into the professional realm.
5. Help & Support: Professional editors offer much help, technical support to the users. Tutorials, useful information, training and learning center are of great help to push users to a higher level.
In conclusion, professional editing software helps to perfect your video files and make them shine, whether you are aiming in becoming an editing talent or planning to make a good home video only.
What Makes Professional Editing Software