Thatcham-based family business language services company Prestige Network is celebrating its 22nd successful year in business with a 630% growth over April 2012 profits. This is the best month of the current financial year - so far.
The company, started by brother and sister Shohreh Fleming and Shawn Khorassani in the family’s dining room in 1991, had the best month of its financial year (which runs from October to September) for sales and profitability in April 2013.
Shohreh, Prestige Network’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “What a way to celebrate our 22nd anniversary! April was our best month in terms of sales and profitability since November 2010.”
Several things have changed at Prestige Network in the past year, all contributing to the company’s resurgence:
- Anthony Fleming (a Business and Life Coach, who is also Shohreh’s husband) has rejoined the company as General Manager after a couple of years’ break, taking an overview of both operations and sales.
- A new sales team has been put in place: Will Hughes, Melanie Woolgrove and Jackie Benn.
- Shohreh Fleming rejoined the company as CEO after a nine month break.
Shohreh said: “The company is flourishing under Anthony as General Manager. He came back to Prestige Network after a two year absence, having previously been involved with the company for nine years. As a Business and Life Coach, he has brought new energy and his own style into the company and Prestige Network has started to grow again – things are getting better and better.
“The new sales team has really got into its stride now and have done a brilliant job – they hit a £200,000 turnover in just one month, exceeding their target. The last time we had turnover like this was in 2010.”
Prestige Network now employs more than 20 staff and 5,000 specialist language freelancers based all over the UK, who speak and translate more than 200 languages. Prestige Network caters for language and communications needs in the commercial and public sector (including the NHS, local government departments, charities, the police and other public organisations).
A recent big win for Prestige Network was a new contract to provide Face-to-Face Interpreting at a major Thames Valley hospital.
Two other major contracts in the last financial year were:
- To provide Arabic interpreting to a big British corporate company in the oil and gas industry for eight months in 2012-2013. The contract was the first that Prestige Network had delivered to this corporate organisation, which operates globally, although the language company has done other work for the oil and gas industry.
- A coveted two-year contract to provide British Sign Language (BSL) and spoken language services to the Department for Work and Pensions. It follows Prestige Network’s successful place on a framework agreement by Buying Solutions, the national procurement partner for UK public services. The contract is for Face-to-Face Interpreting services for spoken languages and BSL - 24/7, 365 days a year.
Shohreh said: “The future is looking pretty good for us at the moment. The demand for language services remains high – this is symptomatic of the need to meet the country’s expanding and diversifying language base. Communication is absolutely essential.”
More details about Prestige Network are on www.prestigenetwork.com or 01635 866 888.
Note to editors:
- Picture to follow. Caption (from the left): General Manager Anthony Fleming with Prestige Network’s new sales team of Jackie Benn, Melanie Woolgrove and Will Hughes.
- Company overview: more than 20 staff, 5,000 linguists, 200 languages and dialects.
- Formed in 1991, Prestige Network is a specialist language services provider based in Thatcham, Berkshire.
- Prestige Network provides a full UK wide service in all languages.
- It can cater for all language and communications needs in the public sector, including government departments, the NHS, charities, the police, local authorities and other public organisations.
For more information, contact Shohreh Fleming (Chief Executive Officer) at Prestige Network on 01635 866 888.