CopyPastehas never been so tasty!

What is EASA Certification and When Do I Need it in Learning

by anonymous

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has changed its flight crew licensing regulations. But the move has serious repercussions to commercial and cross-country pilots all over the world who journey to Europe. For example, if you are an American and want to fly to Europe, your permit and authority is no longer recognized. You may need to take EASA certification USA. The best international flight schools offer EASA courses for pilots to jump over this hurdle.

Small reprieve

With the efforts of the Aircraft Owner and Pilot Associations-US and its counterpart in Europe, pilots are given a grace period of two years to secure the full EASA certification USA. What most people don’t know is that European students have been coming to international flight schools in the US to learn how to fly. That’s how they ensure quality training for less by virtue of the currency exchange between the dollar to the euro.

Hopefully, this will change as international councils and associations are working hard to discard the more stringent regulations because those who want to fly to the 25 nations in Europe will have to pay more to get their EASA certification USA.

What are the tests involved?

But even with the grace period, pilots still need to get validation which involves passing written exams on the subject of aviation law and human performance. On average, pilots will have to review for 10 hours to prepare for the 100 questions on each of the exam.

After that, they will take an EASA certification USA medical exam that will entail a background check as well as the proficiency of the pilots to speak and write in English. Under this test, the pilots will also have to show proof they already logged 100 hours in the aircraft or category they want to fly. Then they undergo what is known as the checkride—which is offered by international flight schools.

When they secure IFR validation, they will need to take another set of written exams on flight planning and meteorology along with the proof of another 100 hours under instrument flight rules. The bad news is that the validation is only temporary up until the regulations will take effect in 2014.

Biting the bullet

For the time being, however, it seems pilots who want to crack into Europe will have to secure their EASA certification USA. There’s just no way around it as EASA is bent on implementing the new stringent rules in order to be given the authority to fly to many European destinations. Again, they may have to spend a few extra bucks in order to see this happen. A number of international flight schools offer courses for the pilots to support their applications for certification.

Add A Comment: