The NTFS (New Technology File System) is an efficient file system that is regularly being used in the Windows systems after XP. This file system has become very popular because of its performance, reliability, and compatibility with various applications. Because of this, many users have converted the file system from FAT32 to NTFS. However, at times some critical system file may get corrupt in this process making the system inaccessible. In such cases, you should try the required steps to bring the system in order. If the measures are insufficient, then you should try a third-party NTFS data recovery software to recover inaccessible data.Let us see a situation that you may face after the FAT32 to NTFS conversion. You may get to see the following error message after starting the Windows XP system:"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys". If not want to get in to technicalities Visit: http://www.stellarinfo.com/recover-windows-nt.htm
The cause for this problem is that the ntfs.sys file may have got corrupt or is missing during the FAT32 to NTFS file system conversion.Resolution:
This situation can be corrected by performing the following steps:.
• Adjust the BIOS settings to start the system using a Boot CD as the boot media..
• Start the system after inserting the Windows XP Setup CD..
• Press the 'R' key when the 'Welcome to Setup' screen appears..
• Provide the number of installations that you want to access using Recovery Console and press the 'Enter' key..
• Enter the administrator password, if needed, and press the 'Enter' key..
• Enter the following commands with pressing the 'Enter' key after each command:.
cd \windows\system32\drivers.ren ntfs.sys ntfs.old
• Enter the following command and press the 'Enter' key:.
copy cd:\i386\ntfs.sys drive:\windows\system32\drivers.
• Take the Windows XP Setup CD out of the CD-ROM drive..
• Type 'exit' to quit the Recovery Console..
• Restart the system. You now would be able to access the system properly..If the situation is not solved even after performing the aforementioned steps, then the use of a third-party NTFS data recovery software is a must in such problems. With the use of extremely safe scanning algorithms, these data recovery tools ensure that no data is lost during the recovery process.
The best NTFS partition recovery software is Stellar Phoenix NTFS Data Recovery, which works really well on NTFS and NTFS5 file systems.
Recovering data from different storage media such as hard drives, iPods, memory cards, etc, this NTFS file recovery software recovers more than 185 different file types. It is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000.
How to recover data if failed FAT to NTFS conversi