Apple has recently launched the final build iOS 6.1. And keeping the old tradition it can also be easily jailbroken but with some devices. More recent devices likewise iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and fifth generation iPod touch pad are not accessed to it. But some old devices likewise iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G can be jailbroken.
iOS 6.1 does not change any big change in it which is slightly sad for the user. Imagining how much time is going to take by Apple in launching of the betas 5. Some more new features likewise 36 and 23 LTE carriers, Apple user can easily buy tickets by using the Siri and with some more options for iTunes matches to download songs.
- Old Apple family members having A4 chip most likely iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, etc. but new devices like iphone 4, iPhone 5, and same like have a upgraded chip A5 doesn't support it.
- Install the required iOS 6.1 on your device. But for that user who still didn't upgrade their devices, update it, Settings> General> Software upgrading and download it.
- Download iOS 6.0 firmware for your device.
- The most reliable redsn0w for Mac/ Windows on your PC.
- Unzip the software and Run it.
1: Unzip the redsn0w by using 7-zip.
2: From the extracted folder of the redsn0w, open the files, for the Windows user, they must run the EXE file while that of OS X user must use its own method like Ctrl+click.
3: Open the Extras, the move to IPSW and click iOS 6.0 IPSW which have to download separately. Let the redsn0w to pick it up, as long as redsn0w picks it move back to main menu.
4: After completing this, open “jailbreak”, before making choice, make sure that Cydia is installed according to instructed by Diagrams.
5: Make a choice after clicking “Autoboot this device when it connects in DFU mode”.
Now, as we mentioned before, this is a “tethered” jailbreak, which means that in the case you power off your iOS device, you will need to connect it to your computer and boot using Redsn0w. To do so, connect your powered off device to your computer via USB cable, launch Redsn0w, navigate to Extras and click “Just Boot”.
Now as we already discussed that this jailbreak is “tethered”, which makes sure that if you turn off the device and reboot it, it must be connected again by the help of Redsn0w. Follow the steps like, connecting you’re powered off device via USB support, open the redsn0w and then move to Extras and click “just boot”