The most essential feature of a website design, which makes it effective, is its ability to attract customers and retain them. While good SEO, an attractive web design and enough publicity, you might end up with enough visitors on your website, by your true efficiency is gauged by how many of these customers are impressed enough to keep browsing through your website. Here, we shall discuss a few tips that can make your website design effective in terms of engaging customers:
- Put yourself in your customer’s shoes- One of the best ways to know how a customer feels through each step of availing the services on your website, is to put yourself in their situation. Critically observe each stage, right from landing on the website, to using the live chat, and filling forms, to finally checking out, and ensure there are no glitches on the way.
- Rethink live chat- While live chat seems to be the most obvious way to engage customers on your website, not many customers trust what they hear from an anonymous person, about whom they know nothing more than an ostensibly fake first name. Give your customers the option of choosing to video chat or voice chat, for a more convincing communication.
- Include authentic testimonials on your website- Make sure that the testimonials on your website are submitted by real customers, so that prospective new clients can have a fair idea of what to expect from your website. Nothing on your website should be self-promoting or fishy.
- Viral content- The content posted on your websites should be crispy and engaging enough to keep readers interested, and make them want to comment and add their opinions to what’s being discussed. Pay special attention to titles, and use as many graphic illustrations as possible.
- Promise less, deliver more- Leave some special services, like say a free gift, unmentioned on your website, and surprise your customer with them later, to build trust.
- Highlight clickable ads- Highlight ads on your website that users are likely to click on.
- Put a share button on content- Encourage users to share content that they like on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Conduct polls, surveys and contests- These are a few of the many ways by which you can engage users, and keep them active on your website.
Centex Technologies is a Dallas, Austin and Killeen Tx based Web development, website design, SEO and internet marketing firm providing unmatched SEO services.