Photographers will find that creating an online portfolio to showcase and highlight works, images, and photos to be very beneficial. With the use of online portfolio websites, not only do photographers get to display their best works online. Photographers will also be able to build an online presence that can help attract customers to purchase copies of photos and images on the website or clients to avail of professional photography services.
Creating an online portfolio is quite easy. With plenty of online platforms that offer website creation tools and plenty of online tools to help even novice website designers to build a website, one can actually create an online portfolio in just minutes. But that is only one part of it. The next part of building an online portfolio is making sure that your website gets traffic.
Generating traffic to your sites can be a tedious process. Here are some tips on how to generate unique traffic to your online portfolio sites:
1. Regularly update your website by providing new images or fresh content. Fresh and compelling content and outstanding images and photos create impact and entice your readers and viewers to visit your website more often.
2. Create meta descriptions of your pages and images so that it is easier for search engines to include your pages in their directories. This will enable your sites to appear in search query results. Meta descriptions help search engine spiders to systematically categorize data and information included or published on website pages. This categorization is useful when internet users make use of search engine to look for topics online.
3. Use keywords to tag your photos, images, and content. Although keywords are often used in an article and text content in websites, it can also be used in images, photos, and other media files. Using keywords will help readers find your website pages easier when using a search engine to look for various topics that are published on the web.
4. Provide fresh and relevant content on your websites. By providing, fresh, relevant, and informative content on your website, you will be able to trigger more visits from your readers. Readers will be compelled to visit your website regularly to find out your latest featured works, events, and announcements.
5. Include other features in your online portfolio to make your pages more appealing.
6. Make use of widget ready sections by including ad boxes and social media widgets so that your pages will create more impact and attract more visitors.
7. Connect with your audience with the use of social media integration. This will help you in getting more traffic.
8. Make use of built-in search engine optimization tools to help generate unique traffic to website pages. Most, if not all, website platforms are equipped with search engine optimization tools to enable website designers to optimize their pages to help generate more traffic.
Even image driven sites such as a photographer’s online portfolio will need search engine optimization or SEO activities in order to generate and drive more unique traffic.
Significance of SEO in Photographers Website