The main flavor of any risotto dish comes from the broth that is used to cook the rice. So, to make a yummy mushroom risotto, the main ingredient will be mushroom broth. Likewise, for a chicken or vegetable risotto, one must use a good chicken or vegetable broth.
Mushroom risotto is one of the easy mushroom recipes which is tasty and wholesome, and can be quickly prepared at home. The ingredients required to cook this dish are the following;
- Mushroom stock (store this stock in your pantry to cook easy mushroom recipes and risottos any time)
- Sliced fresh mushrooms (1 cup)
- Arborio rice, 1½ cups
- White wine, ½ cup
- Shallot, chopped (½ cup)
- Butter (4 Tbsp, unsalted)
- Vegetable oil (1 Tablespoon)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian parsley, chopped (1 Tablespoon)
- Salt, to taste.
- Total Cooking time
- Total cooking time required for one of this easy mushroom recipes is 40 minutes, which includes both preparation and cooking.
- Cooking Directions
- Put the mushroom stock in a saucepan and heat it over fire, once its hot, lower the heat so that the stock stays hot.
- Now put a frying pan on medium flame and add 1 tablespoon of butter into it. As soon as the butter starts to melt add the sliced mushrooms and fry until they're soft. Once done, remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Now put a heavy-bottomed cooking pan over medium flame and add both cooking oil and 1 tablespoon butter to it. As the butter starts to melt add the chopped shallot and Saute until it is slightly translucent.
- Add the arborio rice in the sauteed shallots and stir well so that the rice grains are coated with the oil and melted butter. Saute until there is a slightly nutty aroma, but make sure that the rice doesn't turn brown.
- Now add white wine and keep stirring till the wine is completely absorbed.
- After that add some mushroom broth to the wine soaked rice and keep stirring till the rice absorbs the stock. Once the rice is almost dry, repeat the process. Make sure to stir constantly, especially while the hot stock gets absorbed, and add the next ladle as soon as the rice is almost dry.
- Continue this process till you see that the rice takes on a creamy consistency as it begins to release its natural starches. The entire process will take 20 to 30 minutes. Stop when the rice is tender but still firm to bite, but not crunchy.
- When you think that the rice is about to get cooked, add the sauteed mushrooms.
- After adding the mushrooms, add the remaining butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley, and season to taste with salt.
- Once this particular is cooked it will serve 8 people.