The Civil Services of India known simply as the Civil Services refer to the civil service and the permanent official procedure of the Government of India. The civil service system is the backbone of the administrative machinery of the country.
Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year. This exam happens in three stages, the prelims, mains and personal interviews. The preliminary stage consists of two papers, Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) and general studies (GS).
Eligibility for Civil Services Entrance Exam:
- For Indian Administrative Service, a candidate should be a citizen of India.
- For Indian Foreign Service and other services, a candidate should be one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01/01/1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India (detailed list of countries available on official website)
- A candidate must be atleast 21 years of age and less than 30 years of age as on the date mentioned under the UPSC examination notification.
- A candidate who possesses professional and technical qualification recognised by Government equivalent to the professional and technical degree can also apply.
- A candidate who has appeared for the final year of bachelor's degree and awaiting result, along with candidates who intend to appear at such qualifying examinations can also apply, provided that they submit their proof of qualification along with the application for the Mains exam.
- A candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university.
Scheme of CS (Preliminary) Examination
This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in this Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of candidates to be acknowledged to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year in the many Services and Posts. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have capable in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
Being the market leaders in aptitude test prep since the last 18 years, Career Launcher provides best coaching for CSAT. Our comprehensive test series for CSAT and GS has also received very positive feedback from the aspirants. For more information visit http://www.Careerlauncher.com