Once you have purchased your investment property you will have to set about the next most important task; prepare it for rental. As a responsible property owner there are several issues which you address before letting your property. If your property in a good location with proper transport links then it can help to attract the right tenants. But with a good location you need to make sure that your property is well presented and well maintained. A little makeover on a property can make it look presentable.
Preparing your property to let isn't a difficult job, but it does take proper time and money to get right. While you don’t want to refurnish your home, there are few inexpensive things that you can do to make your property more appealing and protect your investment.
- Make sure your property, has been professionally cleaned before the commencement of the tenancy.
- By giving the property a new fresh coat of paint colour can change the whole look of your property.
- Ensure that anything fixed to the wall is rock solid. Tenants have a way of testing these things.
- Make sure the all electrical products such as plumbing and heating system are in good working condition.
- Ensure that it's not too cold or too hot indoors, if it then turns on the heater or air conditioner if necessary.
- Make sure the washroom, kitchen and laundry areas are spotlessly neat and clean and there are broken tiles.
- Go for hard wearing flooring where possible such as tiling or wood, because it requires little maintenance.
- Make all repairs such as any broken appliance and leaking taps or washers that you wish to include in the sale.
- Any maintenance issues should be addressed, so check doors, windows, awnings and blinds carefully.
- Supply all important routine items such as a vacuum cleaner, pan, iron, mop, bucket, brush etc.
- Lawns to be mowed properly. Gardens weeded with seasonal plants. Keep garden furniture clean and tidy.
- Be sure to organise final readings for gas, telephone, electricity & water before the commencement of the tenancy.
If you use a letting agents, then he will guide you what to do and how to do. Professional letting agents will recommend you all other important things when they assess your property. Beside property maintenance letting agents will handle your all day-to-day activities such as rent collection, right tenants, legal paperwork and they have also been responsible for drawing up tenancy contracts. If you are looking for reliable and experienced letting agents, contact our professionals and you can also visit at – www.redstones.co.uk
The article describes all about the advantages of lettings franchise in your locality, and it is written by one of the professional estate agents in West Midlands UK who have been associated with the well established for a long time now.