It is not necessary that every case of personal injury claims can be settled outside the court through negotiations. If the insurance company of the party at fault is adamant to pay less than your real value of the claim then legal action comes as the last option then you have to choose. Anyone injured as the result of negligent or willful acts of other parties has the right to pursue compensation for all expenses incurred as the result of their injuries.
Factors Leading to Litigation
There are certain factors that generally preclude a personal injury claim from settling. These factors include:
- The insurance company does not believe your story of pain or does not believe you are injured to the extent that you claim to be. As such, the insurance company is willing to take the risk of going to trial in the hopes that you will not be able to provide enough evidence.
- The insurance company denies liability because they believe that either you or another party is partly at fault for the accident
- Internal policy reasons are causing the insurance adjustor to deny payment on your claim, forcing you to prove your case in court
- The insurance company is using denial of payment as a stalling tactic to get you and your Personal injury lawyer to agree to a lower settlement amount
- The insurance company is not wiling to pay the amount of money you are demanding and not providing a reason for the denial
Let Us Help
Litigation can be lengthy and stressful, particularly for individuals suffering from injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, the experienced New York Personal injury Attorneys at the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Please contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800 WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can also help with personal injury cases in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Florida. Other phone numbers for us include: 1-800-RADIO-LAW, 1-888-WYPADEK, or 1-800-LAS-LEYES.
About The Author:Kenneth A. Wilhelm is celebrating his 41st year of helping clients with their personal injury and other cases. If you or someone you know has experienced a serious or fatal injury due to an accident, please contact us immediately for your free consultation with our New York Personal Injury Lawyers at Kenneth A. Wilhelm's law offices.
Personal Injury Attorney - When You Left With No Option But