Pet sitters today are not hard to find, but to find someone who is completely reliable and worth spending every penny on is difficult. Pet sitting is a growing industry, which means that the need for pet sitters is growing by leaps and bounds on a regular basis. This will only give you more opportunities to pick out pet sitters who are professional as well as affordable. Conducting a professional interview for the Pet sitter is a difficult task, which is why you need a few questions that will help you understand exactly what is expected of your Pet sitter –
Interviewing the Pet sitter:
1. The first question that you should ask is how much of experience does the Pet sitter have with your type of pet. It is important to establish how well the Pet sitter can handle your pet.
2. The qualifications that the Pet sitter possesses are also important. They should have at least the basic qualification that will show you that they actually know what they are doing. The qualifications and the experience will show you if the Pet sitter is good enough to take care of your pet when your pet is unwell or needs urgent medical attention.
3. It is important to see just how friendly the Pet sitter is with you. Just check if your calls have been returned within 24 hours and all your queries have been answered. This will surely show you how the Pet sitter handles himself or herself.
4. The rates that the Pet sitter charges should be nominal yet affordable. A professional Pet sitter will be able to give you quotes immediately. They will be able to tell you exactly how much they charge and depending on that, you can decide whether you want to hire the Pet sitter or not.
5. You should also ask the Pet sitter if their timings are flexible and when should they inform the Pet sitter if there is a requirement. If you need the Pet sitter for Christmas, then should you inform them a month back, ten days back, etc. Ask and get these details clarified.
6. It is important for your Pet sitter to be comfortable and in control of your pet. If your pet is hyper active, then it needs to know who is in command of the situation. A Pet sitter who is professional will know how to handle this.
Interview the potential pet sitter