The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has estimated the number of adults with diagnosed heart disease is 21.7 million. The figures are startling, as every year the number of people diagnosed with heart conditions increases dramatically. New York also has many patients with heart disease including “silent” heart disease, and many with potential for a health catastrophe due to their unhealthy lifestyles.
Patients with heart trouble can get help from a NYC cardiologist that conducts tests to diagnose a heart condition and guide treatment for it.
Let us understand when an individual should seek help from a cardiologist, and how to find the appropriate cardiologist. If one thinks one is having a heart attack you should call 9-1-1 immediately for assistance. Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the most common type of heart disease and this may lead to a heart attack. Lifestyle changes and medical treatment can reduce the risk of heart attack. Each year about 785,000 Americans have an initial heart attack according to the American Heart Association.
An individual should seek help from a NYC cardiologist if experiencing any of the following symptoms -
- Shortness of breath – It is usual to have irregular breathing when involved in heavy physical activity such as dancing, walking or running. But if one experiences shortness of breath in normal circumstances, then it is important to seek medical intervention.
- Chest pain- It is common to experience chronic chest pain or indigestion, when there is acid reflux or gas in the system. One should have at least an initial heart evaluation to make sure the symptom is not heart related.
- A cardiologist should also be consulted if; one suffers from blood circulation related issues, which may result when the heart is unable to pump blood properly.
- Heart attack issues – If an individual has had a heart attack before, then a cardiologist should be consulted on a regular basis. A cardiologist can be consulted to evaluate risk for a repeat heart attack.
The following points should be considered by those, looking for the services of a cardiologist.
- The internet may be very useful when searching for a local cardiologist with a good reputation. The online reviews left by other patients may help you in choosing the appropriate cardiologist.
- Extensive experience, in dealing with issues of the heart is very important when seeking a cardiologist, along with the delivering of consistent results in various heart related procedures.
- The cardiologist should be associated with a health care facility, and should be easily approachable in case of any doubts.
A Guide to the Symptoms of Heart Disease and finding an app