For those who are suffering from a pain in their hip, or a pain in their knees, or any joint in their body, it’s a common question which they ask themselves every day.
By answering a yes to that question, millions of people across the world are making the decision every year, to get their hips or knees replaced.
Over the past decade, the rate of knee surgeries has swelled dramatically from 378,000 in 2003, to nearly 704,000 in 2012, as per a government report. Today, an increasing number of people are deciding to undergo a hip joint replacement in India due to its affordable and valuable treatment.
Some of the surgeries can be credited to the rising obesity rate which places an added pressure on the joints. But according to experts, more people are vying for this surgery, due to its positive outcomes and relief from pain. Even surgeons have come up with new devices and techniques and have overall enhanced the whole experience of the surgery. Consult a best knee replacement surgeon in India and tell him/her about your condition and seek their suggestion.
According to recent studies, it is reported that joint replacement, minimizes the pain and increases the mobility in around 90% of the individuals, who gets this procedure done. Still, this surgery is not for everyone!
Let’s delve deeper and understand, why one must consider a knee surgery or hip joint replacement in India?
- All pain, no gain – People who are opting for replacements are having troubles in completing their daily activities like walking; climbing the stairs etc. This intense pain lasts for a longer period of time and increases with time.
- Low quality of life – For people, physical pain can be tough to bear. Those considering a replacement, must think how the pain has affected them emotionally? Does the pain restrict you to do the things you love doing?
- Damage to bones – As we age, we tend to acquire osteoarthritis that has caused grave damage to one’s hips and joints.
- If it’s broke, then fix it – Before the operation, consider other medications and try to fix the problem. If it does not solve the problem, then think of other invasive measures.
When you must not go in for a surgery
Due to certain medical conditions, your doctor may suggest you to, not to go in for a surgery. These problems include:
- Chronic problems, may make your surgery risky
- An infection can spread due to the surgery
- Unhealthy skin around the joints
- Weak muscles
A replacement surgery is an elective procedure done to relieve you off your pain. It is not done to provide relief from a life threatening disease. Before you go in for a surgery, do your homework. Seek a second opinion and consider your options, as it will greatly impact your life. Opt for a minimally invasive surgery in India, as it will save your money and also provide you better treatment.
Re-think, before you go in for a surgery.
When your knee or your joints starts giving you signals, or you start feeling the pain then wait no more. It may be time that you head to Dr. Shekhar Aggarwal, the best knee replacement surgeon in India. They will diagnose your pain and will also let you know whether to go for the operation, or to continue with your medicines.