Not all German car services are the same. You may find the reputable German car garage you take your car to get high quality car servicing and maintenance. Nowadays, you can find a number of local online garages that specialise in different types of German car service such as oil and filter change, an interim car service, a full service and a major car service. A German car specialist can service any make and model of German car using the latest techniques and automotive diagnostic tools. They are also committed to providing a safe, reliable, friendly and honest service at unbeatable prices.
In this article, we’ll discuss about three different levels of German car service you can go for so you can decide which the most appropriate choice is for you.
Oil & Filter Change Service
German car manufacturers and car specialists recommend that your oil and filter is changed every 12 months. It can be a little less for higher mileage vehicles. The Oil & Filter are replaced along with the following checks:
- General oil leaks
- Operation of exterior lights
- Brake fluid level and top up if required
- Power steering reservoir (if applicable)
- Timing belt replacement interval
- Windscreen washer operations if required
The interim service is designed for the higher mileage user to maintain vehicle safety and reliability. Once you have travelled over 6,000 miles, the Interim Services will perform to replace oil and oil filter and a number of checks of the main moving parts:
- Replace engine oil and oil filter
- Check tyre treads and pressures
- Inspection of exhaust system
- Check and top up brake fluid
- Check hand-brake travel
- The vehicle will also be road tested
After Every 12,000 miles or 12 months, your car needs a full service. The replacement of engine oil, oil filter and air filter will be the part of this service. There is an extensive range of checks that exceed most manufacturers' service schedules:
- All of the lights are checked for operation.
- The wheel bearings are checked for wear.
- The exhaust system is inspected.
- The underside of the vehicle is checked.
- The Oil & Filter, Air Filter is replaced
- Flush power steering and replace perished lines
If you are looking for an independent garage, don’t look further. Martek Motor Services is one of the ideal places for you. Our professional engineers use the latest technology and German car diagnostics equipment to deliver the highest standard in service. There are several additional services such as wheel alignment, vehicle remapping, air conditioning, fuel treatments and pre-MOT checks and many more.
Saragibbs is a car enthusiast and professional writer at Martek Motor Services. He currently writes for the automotive industry such as how to find automotive diagnostic tools, what are the main advantages, etc. For detailed information about a pre-MOT checks and German car diagnostics equipment in West Midlands you can contact him.