Oracle database managing is a prestigious profile. The dba managers enjoy a good deal of limelight in the industry. As businesses today are driven by technology they need efficient database management and networking between front end applications and the database to perform their daily operation. Oracle is a world leader in offering an ecosystem of enterprise applications. Oracle object-relational database management system supports the applications marketed by Oracle Corporation. It facilitates managing, storing and manipulation of data that supports functioning of the applications. Oracle DBA administrators are responsible for ensuring that the database is managed and function without hiccups.
Oracle DBA is used by a variety of users, including the administrators, developers, security officers, network administrators, front end users, application administrators etc. The dba manager offers support to the groups.
What does an Oracle DBA manager do?
Among Oracle DBA jobs the position of a DBA manager is held in high regards. Since database constitutes the backbone of an application each database would need at least one dba manager. The role of a dba manager comprises but not limited to the following:
- Implement and upgrade Oracle server and the set of application tools
- Planning and allocating system storage so that optimum database usage can be ensured
- Planning future storage allocation
- Creating and structuring primary database storage structure (tablespace) in tandem with the developed application
- Defining the primary objects such as - tables, views, indexes in the database after the application is designed by the developer
- Altering the database structure in tandem with the changes in the application based on the information provided by the application developer
- Introducing new users to the database maintaining the system security
- Ensuring compliance with the Oracle license agreement
- Managing and verifying user access to the database
- Supervising the performance of the database and optimising its usage
- Drawing up a proper plan for data backup and recovery at the time of crisis
- Managing proper archiving of data on tape
- Maintaining proper backup of the database so that it can be restored without time loss upon requirement
- Interacting with the technical support team of Oracle Corporation to resolve issues
Oracle dba managers enjoy good demand in the software industry in India. IBM is a leading business service solution provider in the country with their presence over 200 cities in different states. The DBA managers can also find employment opportunities in IMB SWG. They can qualify for SWG jobs in information management software that deals with database servers and tools, text analytics, and content management.