1888 PressRelease - The latest AmeriQuest blog lists the first things you need to ask before choosing a breakdown and roadside service provider.
CHERRY HILL, NJ - A definition of bad timing could be 'waiting until a breakdown occurs to start searching for a roadside service provider.' Byron Lay, Maintenance Director for AmeriQuest Transportation Services, uses this week's blog to convince fleet managers to ask questions before they've had a breakdown, not after.
The posting lists the top five questions fleet and maintenance managers need to ask upfront:
1. What is the coverage area? The farther your fleet travels, the more you need a provider that has coast-to-coast service locations. Ask for a list of those locations.
2. What are the hours of coverage? Anything less than 24/7/365 (which means any time, any day) is unacceptable. Plus, make sure the staff answering the calls is well-qualified to service your needs.
3. What services are offered? Each fleet has its own unique needs and those should be addressed, but the services that should always be provided are truck roadside assistance, truck breakdown service and maintenance, truck and trailer towing, and trailer service and repair.
4. What are the charges? Lay makes it clear that it's the hidden charges that can hurt, so look for a company that has no hidden fees such as enrollment, annual, monthly, or any other one-time fees, including miscellaneous vendor fees. Instead, look for a company that charges by the event on a pay-as-you-go basis.
5. How can you control cost and exposure with the program? The bigger the provider, the more leverage it has to command advantageous pricing when it comes to tires, parts, and labor. Some companies have special deals with major manufacturers. Ask who they deal with and how their pricing compares with their competitors.
Breakdowns are inevitable, but Lay's blog says that the right service provider can make a bad situation manageable. Check out his full blog, http://blog.ameriquestcorp.com/top-5-questions-to-ask-your-breakdown-service-provider/
About AmeriQuest Transportation Services
AmeriQuest, headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ, is a leading provider of comprehensive fleet management services. By leveraging the strength of more than 700,000 vehicles, AmeriQuest delivers savings, expertise, and opportunities to its private fleet and truckload carrier members. AmeriQuest provides supply management services, asset management services, material handling services, financing, technology products, and outsourced transportation management services such as full service leasing, integrated logistics, and contract maintenance. More information can be found at http://www.ameriquestcorp.com/transportation.
Top 5 Questions to Ask Your Breakdown Service Provider