The report provides in depth industry analysis, information and insights into the insurance industry in Ukraine, including:
• The Ukrainian insurance industry’s growth prospects by insurance segments and sub-segments
• The competitive landscape in the Ukrainian insurance industry
• The current trends and drivers of the Ukrainian insurance industry
• The challenges facing the Ukrainian insurance industry
• The regulatory framework of the Ukrainian insurance industry http://www.bharatbook.com/insurance-market-research-reports/the-insurance-industry-in-ukraine-key-trends-and-opportunities-to-2016.html
The Ukrainian industry has undergone key changes in terms of structure and provisions since coming into existence in 1991. The key structural changes include a decline in the number of insurance companies, while restrictions on foreign inward-investments have been eliminated entirely. The number of insurance companies decreased from 700 in 1992 to 442 in 2011, while the foreign inward-investment cap increased from 49% to 100%; at present the government applies no barrier to foreign direct investment (FDI). During the last decade, industry trends have become healthier, with higher levels of capitalization and fewer operational companies.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Ukraine:
• It provides historical values for the Ukrainian insurance industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2011–2016 forecast period
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and sub-segments in the Ukrainian insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2016
• It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
• It profiles the top insurance companies in Ukraine and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Ukrainian insurance industry and each segment within it
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Ukrainian insurance industry
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the Ukrainian insurance industry
• Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Ukrainian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
• The growth of Ukrainian industry was partly due to the mandatory provisions for motor-third party liability and property insurance, small consumer loans and improving macro and micro economic fundamentals.
• The growth in the non-life insurance segment was attributed to the strong growth registered in the motor and property insurance categories, which were driven by mandatory insurance provisions.
• The presence of a range of saving products offered by banks with relatively higher interest rates, a decline in the total population and weak consumer purchasing power were the key causes of the underdevelopment of the Ukrainian life insurance segment.
• As a part of healthcare reforms, the government intends to enact laws relating to compulsory health insurance by 2014 and provide a range of healthcare facilities to citizens.
• In order to make the country’s insurance legislation compliant with that of the EU, the Insurance Supervisory Authority of Ukraine applies mandatory provisions for a range of insurance such as property, vehicle, small consumer loans and is proposed to make health insurance compulsory by 2014.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Ukrainian Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Industry Overview
3.2 Ukrainian Insurance Industry – Market Size, 2007–2016
3.3 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Legislation, Supervision and Control
4.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
4.2 Legislation Trends by Type of Insurance
4.2.1 Life insurance regulatory trends
4.2.2 Property insurance regulatory trends
4.2.3 Motor insurance regulatory trends
For more information kindly visit :
The Insurance Industry in Ukraine, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Our Blogs: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
The Insurance Industry in Ukraine, Key Trends 2016