If you are a good PHP developer you must prove it. A good programmer must value the importance and popularity of this technology and should be aware of the vital things which every PHP developer should know. Today most of the businesses are conducted through the web which serves as a global arena. Therefore it is suitable for business websites to include latest web technology solutions with effective web development applications. In today’s competitive market scenario, it is important to create attractive websites that function fast and facilitate easy multi-tasking. There are different platforms used for designing websites which include flash websites, static HTML and PHP.
PHP is popular for many reasons
It is a very popular scripting language used by most of the website developers to enhance the functions and appearance of the websites. It is mainly known to create dynamic web pages. This programming language is basically used for custom web solutions. As it can be easily mixed with HTML, most of the web developers prefer to use this programming language. Moreover, it is quite easy to use as it includes simple formats, techniques and features which can be grasped easily by programmers.
In comparison to the other programming languages such as ASP.Net and Java, PHP is used widely used to develop efficient websites. There are many benefits of using this scripting language and some of the most significant advantages include the following. PHP is preferred over other languages as it offers incomparable usability and efficiency when used for website development. Any website which is developed with the use of PHP functions easily and includes fast data processing features. It is also compatible with all OS systems such as Windows, UNIX etc.
PHP is a server-side scripting language and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive web pages. PHP development began in 1994 when the developer Rasmus Lerdorf wrote a series of Perl scripts, which he used to maintain his personal homepage. PHP is similar to most high level languages that follow the C style syntax. If conditions, for and while loops and function returns are similar in syntax to languages such as C, C++, C#, Java and Perl.
A Good PHP Programmer should know:
1. Use PHP's Inbuilt Functions: One must check out all PHP functions while writing a code. Make use of Manual which can ease your work by using built in functions. XML parser has XML Parser functions used for RSS feeds . It has hundreds of base functions and thousands more via extensions. These functions are well documented on the PHP site and has built-in library which has a wide variety of naming conventions and inconsistencies. PHP has a modernized fullform which is Hypertext Preprocessor very different from traditional naming conventions. An open source, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.
2. Create a Configuration File: Writing code in style and putting things in proper place helps developers in the long run. Instead of having a database connection settings scattered everywhere in the project, one can have a master file that contains its settings and then include it in all PHP scripts wherever required. If you need to change the details later on, you can do it in one file instead of several files. This is also very useful when you need to use other constants and functions throughout multiple scripts. Using a config file is a popular web application pattern that makes your code more modular and easier to maintain.
3. OOP concept: Changes the coding style forever. It makes it faster, simpler, easier to debug, uses less server resources, less code, is faster loading and more logical to work with once you figure out the basic principles and advantages of object oriented programming.
4. Develop With Error Reporting On: It is helpful when we start on a new project we must turn on error reporting to E_ALL and you should only turn it off ten seconds before going into production mode. I do this with every project that I build and there is nothing better than running a project in full production mode and not even getting one error. Error reporting on making it convenient for developers to easily track small errors that will eventually grow up to bite you when we are about to finish up our task. The quick fix is an easy method to maintain a flawless site.
5. A Framework is a need of today: A Framework is much slower than normal PHP code when it came to printing a simple "Hello World" application. Two things to mention here though: you are not Rasmus Lerdorf and I bet you won't be building a "Hello World" application every time you program something. Frameworks that help you do the tedious things can help, although you will have to learn how the frameworks function first in order to make things simple, but that's the only real trade-off. Plus you stand less chance of writing bad code when someone else has written most of it for you, but let's pretend I didn't say that.
6. Understand Your Project: We have to understand the motto of the project what it is suppose to showcase or build for their users. Like an artist cannot draw something that he didn't see before. A singer cannot sing a song that he has not heard before. You cannot code a project that you do not fully understand. If you do not understand exactly what it needs to do, and how it needs to it, you cannot build it. It won't hit the target and fail to meet your client needs.
7. Code Code Code: You cannot become a good developer by reading. You cannot become a good developer by watching someone develop. The one and only tried and trusted method, is to actually write code.
8. Avoid over-commenting: It is always appreciated that you comment each major block of the code, but over-commenting the code is of course not a good practice. It is not compulsory that you comment each and every line of code. You just need comment only the major and critical blocks of code that's it.
9. Connect with Other PHP Developers: We have to talk with experience people learn from them and grow. Best way to get things done and stay updated in current activities round the world is joining a PHP community like PHPDeveloper and interact with others. By connecting with other developers, you’ll learn better ways of doing the things you’re currently doing. There should always be a crave to learn, thirst to code well, a desire to be the Best in what you do then only you will grow and have a successful career ahead.
Share and make the most of PHP web development and you will definitely fly higher with best business apps. Companies outsource PHP development to right vendors after doing due research on their competency and expertise – make sure you join one which gives you the maximum exposure to diverse range of php application development.
We provide PHP web development services. Companies hire PHP developer India from us at Mindfire Solutions. If you are ready to take on challenges, contact us today.
Top things to do to become a successful PHP developer