Cycling is one of the best forms of physical exercises which keep your entire body in action. It improves blood circulation and helps in staying fit. Expert cyclists have always recommended safety measures to be taken while cycling outdoors or on busy roads. One of the most important and highly recommended safety measures is to wear cycle helmets while riding. These helmets are designed to provide all the possible support and safety to avoid accidental injuries. They are available in different designs and colors to meet different tastes of all age groups. Market is flooded with fake, low quality and cheap helmets which are made of low quality material. They usually don’t provide right support to the head and weak straps don’t stick for a longer time. If you are planning to buy a cycle helmet for your cycling expeditions always check on the following factors-
1) Quality-Low quality helmets will never provide you with enough safety in difficult times. Always check the durability and quality of the material used. It is suggested using a certified safe and a good company product while buying helmets.
2) Fit-While buying cycle helmets one should always check the fitting by wearing it once to get the feel of it. It should fit snugly on the head and should not be very tight. Take care while choosing the size of the helmet, it should be right in size not too big or not too small, in short should be comfortable.
3) Right type-There are several types of cycle helmets like sport, road and mountain bike helmets. They all are designed to protect riders from any heavy blow or direct hit on the head in adverse conditions. Modern helmets are light- weight, comfortable and stylish. Buy the one which will suit your riding experience and aspirations.
4) Weight-It is a very important factor, as you want to feel light while riding. Lightweight helmets are much in demand as they don’t stress and add weight on your head while you ride. Always check the weight by wearing the helmet before buying, a heavy helmet can strain your neck muscles and can leave you with headache.
5) Straps-Check the material of the strap before buying, it should not be slippery and loose. While cycling the body experiences a lot of vibrations which can loosen the straps and helmet resulting into accidents. Chin straps should be adjusted well before cycling to avoid any discomfort while riding.
All the above factors are important to check before you buy a new lightweight helmet for yourself. It is also advised to change your helmet after 3 to 5 years or in case of damage.
Get more information on: Cycle Helmets
For more information visit: Girls Cycle
Ride safely with lightweight cycle helmets