What you should do when some of your important data be destroyed, damaged or deleted accidentally? Perhaps you have thought of using some Windows or MAC data recovery software to recover them.
But, you know, before restoring the data, what matters should not be done? Otherwise, the data may be damaged more serious, or become unable to restore or become invalid after recovery. What we should know before do data recovery? How to deal with data usually to ensure data integrity? And what factors affects the success rate of data recovery? Know more from this data recovery general knowledge article.
Data Recovery Considerations:
1. It is afraid of secondary damage to cause difficulty steep recovery because of misuse. So don’t write new data to the source devices during data recovery process.
2. Do not do DskChk disk checking. General files system errors, the system will boot into the startup screen automatically prompts the need to do a disk check, after the default 10 seconds, the system will start to do DskCHk disk check operation, yeah, this operation can fix some small corrupted directory files, but most of the time this operation will destruct the data. As this operation cannot repair the complex directory structure. After repair failed, the system will form some directory such as FOUND.000 in the root directory, there are a large number of .CHK files. Sometime, they can be restored after change their file name, but sometimes they may be all washed up, especially larger database files of NTFS or FAT32 partition.
3. Do not re-format the partition. After users do first partition formatted, the partition type is changed, resulting in data loss, such as the original FAT32 partition formatted to NTFS partition, or the original partition is NTFS formatted as FAT32 partition. After data loss, the general software cannot scan the original directory format, then format the partition again back to the original type, scan data again. We need point out that the second operation that format back the partition to the original type is a serious mistake operation, it could have been destructed some recoverable large files, causing permanent unrecoverable.
4. Do not put data directly back to the source device when you do data recovery. After deleting files, many ordinary customers restore files directly out the original directory by using some Windows or MAC data recovery software. This will increase the possibility of damage of the original data, so it is strictly prohibited restored directly to the source disk.
5. Do not do re-partition operation. When partition table damaged or partition is deleted, if you use a tool to rebuild directly partition tablet or format partition, it is easy to destroy the file allocation tablet (FAT) or documented Tablet (MFT) of original partition and other import areas, resulting in recovery difficulty greatly increased.
6. Do not redo the array after the array is lost. After a server crash, some network management foced to arrays on the line, even if the hard drive is dropped. Any disk write operations are likely to destroy data.
7. After data loss, do not save new files to the restored partition. It is best to close the download tool, turn off internet connection, and turn off unnecessary applications, then scan to data recovery. If the restored partition is the system partition, when the data file is loss or deleted, if there is no important data such as database files, we recommend that you power off the computer, and then hang the hard drive to another computer to recover, because in off or turned on the computer, the operating system will write data to the system disk, this may damage the data.
Ok, I just list seven data recovery considerations on this article, I will disuse how to deal with data in our daily life and the factors of affecting the success rate of data recovery in next article:
Data Recovery General Knowledge (2), please stay tuned.
Data Recovery General Knowledge (1)