Will you login Windows 8 with local account?
In Windows 8, it is said that you can login with local account, picture password, PIN code, Windows Live account and facial recognition. Though more login methods are selectable in Windows 8 than that in Windows 7, it is predictable that most computer users will still use traditional local account password to login, as they have been accustomed to it.
Is local account in Windows 8 quite different? In this article, let’s see how to handle with local account password in Windows 8.
How to create local account password?
1. Open PC settings.
2. In the left side of PC settings, choose Users, and then click on Create a password under Sign-in options in the right side.
3. Type in a password and password hint for the user account, and click on Next to Finish.
Your user account is now password protected.
You are recommended to create a password reset USB flash drive in case that forgot Windows 8 password someday.
How to create password reset disk in Windows 8?
Note: This will only work for local user accounts, if you chose to sign in with a Live ID, you will have to reset Live ID password online.
1. Press the Win+F key combination to bring up the Search page, and switch to the Settings section.
2. Choose User Accounts in the left panel. This will take you to the User Accounts section of the old control panel.
3. Select the link to “Create a password reset disk”.
4. Follow the wizard to create a Windows 8 password reset disk.
How to auto login Windows 8 without entering password?
If your computer is at home, and cannot be physical accessed by anyone, it is troublesome to enter user password every time. In Windows 8, you can also disable Windows login screen as Windows 7/vista/XP.
1. Go to Windows 8 metro start screen, type “netplwiz” and hit “Enter”.
2. Left click the “netplwiz” icon and this will open User Accounts window on your Windows 8 desktop.
3. Now choose the user account that you want to disable the login screen for.
4. Uncheck the box “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
5. Next hit “Apply”. You will be asked to put your existing user password for confirmation.
6. Click OK to close the windows.
Now you are done with disabling Windows 8 login screen.
To check how it works, reboot your computer and wait until Windows will directly take you to the Metro start screen.
Note: Keep the password in mind. If you forgot it unfortunately after a long time of no use, Windows 8 password recovery is needed.
Now if you like to go back to the login page, simply go through the same procedure and check the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
In general, Windows 8 local account password settings are similar as Windows 7, so you can guess that Windows 7 password recovery methods can be taken for Windows 8 also.
How to Enable Parental Control in Windows 8?