Cleaning your windows should not be a mundane task any more. Whether you are thinking of cleaning the windows of your own home or opening a window cleaning service, it is necessary to know the basic products that you will need in order to make the windows sparkle and shine like new. The task is not an easy one because the windows are exposed to dirt and dust throughout the day. However, you must realize that nothing makes a house look more dinghy than a dirty window. This is one of the major reasons why there is such a growing demand for window cleaners. If you too want to join this profession or simply want to keep your windows clean and shiny, it is necessary to buy the best products and equipments.
The basic window cleaning equipments that you will need are as follows:
- The most favorite equipment of any window cleaner is the squeegee. With the help of this simple instrument, you can direct the water wherever you feel that it is required. Squeegees are used to mop up every single drop of moisture from the glass pane. As a result, you get dry sparkling glass instantly and your window glows in sunlight.
- Closely linked to the squeegee is your window washer. Often the length of the handle of the washer is adjustable. You spray your window cleaning producton to the glass and then use the washer to apply it evenly all over the glass. A washer ensures that you do not leave a grimy spot when you finish cleaning.
- Glass scraper and scraper blades are the other indispensable items that you can make use of, especially while cleaning windows that face directly on the road. Dirt or grime, which is caked stubbornly on the glass, can only be removed with the skillfully wielding of a glass scraper and the appropriate scraper blade. However, you need to be a lot more careful while using them; otherwise you may end up scratching the pane.
- Short window mops are very favorites with cleaners. They help you do a thorough job of cleaning the windows that are lower down and can be reached by hand.
- If you need to clean windows located higher up, you will need an adjustable window cleaning pole. They allow washers or mops to be stuck on top of them. With this contraption, you can easily clean windows which are much higher up.
- You will need detergents or other window cleaning products to make your windows sparkle. Find out from the installer which brands would the best. Otherwise you will need to check the list of ingredients to identify which products will clean your windows most effectively without damaging the class.
- Finally, bucket a tool belt to hold all these products and a ladder (if you plan to clean windows higher up) complete your window cleaning kit.