Investor AB (Investor) is a Nordic-based investment holding company, owning stakes in engineering, financial services, health care, and technology industries. The company has more than 80 holdings from start-ups to mature global companies in its portfolio. Its investments are conducted in two main business areas namely Core Investments and Financial Investments. The major companies in core investment segment include ABB, AstraZeneca, Atlas Copco, Nasdaq OMX, Electrolux, Ericsson, Sobi SEB, and Husqvarna. In Financial investments, the major companies include 3 Scandinavia, EQT, Gambro, Kunskapsskolan, Lindorff, Novare Group and SamSari. The company also has investments in subsidiary companies such as Grand Hotel and Aleris. It has its presense in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and the US. http://www.bharatbook.com/finance-market-research-reports/investor-ab-inveb-financial-and-strategic-swot-analysis-review.html
The company focuses to gain larger ownership in invested companies which allows higher gain and a stronger position to drive strategic agenda for maximum synergies. In 2011, the company as a part of increasing positions in selected Core Investments invested SEK 2,075m in ABB, Atlas Copco, Electrolux and NASDAQ OMX. Investor is headquartered in Sweden.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Investor AB provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Investor AB - Key Facts 4
Investor AB - Key Employees 5
Investor AB - Key Employee Biographies 6
Investor AB - Major Products and Services 7
Investor AB - History 8
Investor AB - Company Statement 11
Investor AB - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 15
Investor AB - Business Description 15
Investor AB - SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis - Overview 16
Investor AB - Strengths 16
Strength - Business Strategy 16
Strength - Robust Investment Portfolio 16
Strength - Strong Liquidity 16
Investor AB - Weaknesses 17
Weakness - Declining Core Investments Value 17
Weakness - Declining Operational Efficiency 17
For more information kindly visit :
Investor AB (INVEB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Our Blogs: http://in.linkedin.com/pub/bharat-book/3a/98/512
Investor AB (INVEB)