Are you unable to boot your Mac OS X computer? Does your Mac machine display a stop sign during startup, after gray Macintosh screen is loaded with Apple logo? This behavior may occur due to missing or corrupt system files of your Mac OS X computer. At this point, you cannot log into your Mac computer and thus all your significant data becomes inaccessible. It leads to serious data loss situations and needs Mac recovery to be fixed, if there is no backup in place.
In a practical scenario, you may come across a stop error while booting your Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard computer. The system stops responding with a circle and a line in the center of it. Mac OS X operating system does not throw any error message at this point. All your significant data becomes inaccessible after this behavior and you come across data loss situations.
The problem generally occurs due to missing boot sector, corrupt boot loader, boot partition corruption, damaged operating system, file system corruption, and hard drive logical structures corruption. You can try out any of the below methods to sort out this behavior and perform data recovery Mac:
· Reboot your system by holding down the power button for few seconds.
· Check file system integrity problems using Disk Utility or fsck and fix them.
· Make sure that your hard drive is not full and you are not running out of disk space on system volume.
· Repair permissions of Mac OS X operating system by booting the system using boot DVD and using Disk Utility.
· Create an additional user account and boot your system to it.
· Start the system in SafeBoot mode. It is a troubleshooting mode of Mac OS X operating system.
· Remove all FireWire and USB devices, except mouse.
· Remove third-party RAM and other hardware components.
· Perform ‘Archive and Install’ installation of Mac OS X.
· Reinstall Mac OS X from scratch.
You should always reinstall the operating system from scratch as a last resort. It removes all the data from your hard drive and leads to further data loss. In such cases, you have to use Mac file recovery software to recover lost data.
The Mac startup error recovery applications ensure perfect recovery in all data loss scenarios, using powerful scanning mechanisms. They offer simple and secure recovery with easy graphical user interface and non-destructive nature.
Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery is the best recovery software ever made to offer absolute recovery of lost data. It recovers data from all HFS, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper, and FAT file system volumes. The software is designed for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard, 10.4 Tiger, and 10.3.9 Panther.
Stop Sign Occurs While Starting Mac OS X Computer