When you are in need of some additional space to store your goods what do you normally do? Stuff them up or place them somewhere else or probably build another storage unit. All these things can be quite inconvenient. Stuffing goods in a room which is already full can end up spoiling them and building a new storage is pretty expensive. This is where the use of large shipping containers comes into picture.
These containers are extensively used by contractors at building sites and at many other small places for various uses. They can be rented or bought, depending on how often you plan to use it. These containers are used in schools, hospitals and sports clubs as well. Sports clubs use them as portable washrooms and shower facilities, while schools and hospitals use them as an additional place for storage.
Since they are very strong, sturdy and can withstand all types of weather, they are ideal for any kind of use. They also have their own security locks. So anything stored in these containers is bound to be safe. There are various types of storage containers available in the market for different uses. The most common ones are listed below:
- Open Top- As the name suggests, these containers have an open top. They are used to transport large and bulky goods which are tall. Grains and coal too are transported in these containers, since loading them from the top is easier.
- Flat-racks- These containers are usually used to transport heavy machinery. They have racks in them and their sidewalls can be dropped open.
- Dry ISO- Dry ISO containers are fully closed ones and are also known as cube containers. They are used to ship goods from one place to another and have a standard size.
- Refrigerated containers- these containers are insulated on the inside and are used to ship products which can be affected by changes in outside temperatures. Thus, the insulation keeps the temperatures along the same lines on the inside and perishable goods can be transported without any worries.
- Custom-built- Some containers can be specially built while keeping the customer’s specifications in mind. These are rarely found and slightly expensive to obtain as well.
So these were some of the types of containers available in the market today. You can choose any of them, from the various options, as per your requirement, and get your work done easily.