Today people know me by the name of Larissa Choma Cook. Its quite an awesome feeling to be recognized by the profession and dream you have followed throughout your life. Chicken Cacciatore is one of my family’s favorite dishes because of its versatility for a family dinner or when guests are coming to the house. Recipe for Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken breasts – 4 – boneless, skinless and trimmed
Flour – ½ cup
Garlic powder – ¼ tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil – 3 Tbsp
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves,
crushed Mushrooms – 8 ounces, sliced
Dry white wine – ¾ cup Capers – 3 Tbsp, drained
Chicken broth – ¾ cup
Diced tomatoes – 1 can, Hunts brand with basil, garlic and oregano, do not drain
Dried oregano – 1 tsp
Dried basil – 2 tsp
Fresh parsley – chopped, for garnish
Directions according to Larissa Choma for a lip smacking chicken
• Combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small, shallow bowl.
• Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until coated well.
• Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Saute chicken breasts in the skillet for 5 minutes on each side, or until both sides are browned.
• Set aside the chicken and add more olive oil to coat the interior of the skillet.
• Add the onions and peppers to the olive oil and lower the heat to medium.
• Place the crushed garlic cloves on top of the onions and peppers. Add sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté the vegetables for 7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft. • Add the wine to the vegetables and simmer for 3 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, capers, basil and oregano.
• Place the chicken in the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes to cook the chicken. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the chicken breasts over. FINISHING TOUCHES Remove the chicken and allow the sauce to simmer for 5-10 more minutes to thicken the sauce. Serve with hot, buttered noodles. Each person can decide whether to place the sauce on the side or over the chicken and noodles. Recipe Tips according to Larissa Choma
• Canned tomatoes can be substituted for the Hunts brand tomatoes. Allow the spices to stay in the tomatoes for 30 minutes prior to cooking the tomatoes in the sauce.
• Chicken breasts will vary in thickness, so the cook must be attentive to the variation in cooking time.
• Dry white wine has many meanings. This recipe uses sauvignon blanc.
• Onions and peppers are rough chopped, but the pieces are similar to cook in a similar amount of time.
• More mushrooms can be added to the dish. Our family loves mushrooms.
• Drain the capers before adding them to the dish because the liquid is salty. This simple recipe can be prepared after a long day at work. Clean up is easy since one pan is used for the entire cooking time. Keep the ingredients in the kitchen for a great dish anytime.
To know more about Larissa Choma and to avail her services feel to contact her at - http://www.redbubble.com/people/larisssachoma
Article Source - http://goarticles.com/article/Larissa-Choma-Guides-on-Chicken-Cacciatore/7456739/
Larissa Choma guides on Chicken Cacciatore