Your living room furniture should be comfortable and in sync with the interiors. Choosing the right style is very important as it enhances the look of your home. Following are the guidelines that will help you buy the right furniture for living room.
- If you find it difficult to arrange cushions, go for the tight-back sofa. Tight back lends a very formal and contemporary look to the sofa. On the other hand, a loose-back sofa cushion is not directly joined to the frame and can be removed easily. It is best suited for a casual look.
- In case of sofa arms, you can choose from high, low, square, curved or wooden arms depending on what you like. For making your room look spacious, you can opt for a living room couch with no arms.
- Loveseats are a perfect option if you have a smaller living room.
- A futon can easily be converted into a bed when you have guests at home. It is best suited for a small living room and you can choose from a wide variety of styles and materials.
- Chairs are a wonderful addition to the living room. Make sure these are neither too large nor too small as inappropriate size can spoil the whole look of your living room. Go for recliners and lounge chairs if you love the casual look; else you can opt for chairs with upright backs to give a formal touch to your living room.
- There are a variety of tables available in the furniture stores these days and choosing the right one can make your living room look great. For displaying lamps or setting up drinks and snacks, opt for end tables. Coffee and end tables in sets are the best bet. You can also opt for nesting tables as they can serve as end tables as well as coffee tables.
- Coffee tables also come in traditional and contemporary styles. Choose from the round or oval shapes according to your choice. In order to add some storage space in your living room, pick lift-top coffee tables.
- Bean bag chairs are a very good choice and are available in durable materials and fabrics. Memory foam chairs are the latest innovation in this variety and can perk up the ambience of your living room for sure.
- Ottomans are now available in a wide variety of colors, shapes and sizes. Large ottomans can be conveniently turned into coffee tables. On the other hand, storage ottomans can provide some space to stock your things. Leather cube and fabric cube ottomans arefunctional as well as stylish.
A living room can be done up in a variety of ways and styles. You should furnish your living room depending upon the space that you have and the usability factor of the furniture. Good furniture choice can add to the beauty of a living room and consequently your home.