Is your iTunes application crashing after installing updates? Does your system stop responding when iTunes crashes and you need to do hard reboot? This behavior can occur due to numerous reasons, ranging from application faults to system errors. It eventually makes your iTunes library and the hard drive volume inaccessible, causing critical data loss situations. In order to get your valuable data recovered in such situations, you need to opt for Mac Recovery if an updated backup is not in place.
After you install the latest updates or an unexpected system shutdown, you may come across an error message about unable to access iTunes library with an error code, when you start the application. After this behavior iTunes application crashes without starting. Sometimes, the application works fine if you access the file by logging in as another user.
Grounds of the issue:
You may come across this problem if any of the below conditions are true:
• iTunes library is corrupt.
• iTunes application is malfunctioning or its system files are damaged.
• The hard drive volume on which the iTunes library is stored, is corrupted.
• Mac system files or critical data structures are either missing or damaged.
If any of the above situations occur, you may not be able to extract data from Mac OS X hard drive. In order to get your precious data back in such circumstances, sort out this behavior by performing Data Recovery Mac.
Try out the below things to fix this issue:
• Delete the iTunes library and rebuild it. The library is located in “documents/itunes” directory. The library is used by iTunes to store information about your music files.
• Reinstall the iTunes application if the system files of application are damaged.
• Run fsck or Disk Utility to check hard drive and file system errors. These are inbuilt disk repair tools in Mac OS X.
• If the problem persists, perform “Erase and Install” installation of Mac OS X operating system.
Although, Erase and Install option resolves most of the hard drive related errors, but it also removes all the volumes and data from hard drive. It causes serious data loss situations and Mac Recovery Software becomes need of hour.
The Mac Data Recovery utilities are incorporated with advanced scanning algorithms and perform absolute recovery in majority of data loss situations. They are completely safe and easy to use.
Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery is the most efficient utility that offers assured recovery of all types of lost files, directories, and volumes. The software recovers lost Mac data from HFS, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper, and FAT file system volumes. Designed for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard, 10.4 Tiger, and 10.3.9 Panther, this recovery tool is safe and easy to use.
iTunes Application Crashes Without Starting