The earth is losing an unprecedented amount of animal habitat from last few years. The scientists say they our planet is experiencing a fatal period of animal loss that will get more worsen in near future with thousands of species will get extinct. We can now foresee that the majority of wildlife on earth has never been and will never be known to us.
When we hear of extinction, most of us think about the tigers, lions, elephants and whales etc. But these are only small pieces of the extinction puzzle the planet is miffed with. However, the overall numbers are terrifying. Of the 40,000 species that the 10,000 scientists in the World Conservation Union have figured out, one in every four mammals, one in eight birds, one in three amphibians, other wildlife breeds including perhaps 51 per cent of reptiles, 52 per cent of insects are at an increasing risk of extinction. Soon there will many more added to this list of endangered species all around the world.
There is not just a single cause for such huge loss. There are many aspects that are driving the animal society to decrease day by day. This loss is effecting the environment and also the humans to greater extent. Lately, many Animal Organizations are putting steps forward to teach the individuals the real reason behind such tragic sagas of animal deaths and they are coming forward with Animal Charities for Animal Rescue and aid to help such species get the appropriate food, shelter and habitat.
Some of the reasons that are affecting the lives of animals and forging them to tragic deaths are:
- Humans! They are killing animals for many reasons. The foremost being the food. Humans cruelly kill the animal species to fill their plates without even thinking that these animal breeds are disappearing from the earth at an alarming rate. The slaughter farms being the major reasons were hundreds of animals are killed each day to cater to the food industry.
- Killing the species for the skin. Fur clothing’s have lately became a fashion statement and the whole public running back of it to get an animal skin in their wardrobes. But are the humans even thinking that were and how this fur for linen is got from. The innocent animals have to undergo touch and cruel situations to give their skins to satisfy the human unnecessary needs.
- With urbanization era stirring at a fast pace, humans are destroying land to build homes, factories, shopping malls, amusement parks, garbage dumps, stores and restaurants. Due to this the animals that once lived there, from the bugs that lived in the ground to the birds that ate them are losing their habitat. Only some can move to new areas, as there are already other animals living there and so the ones left behind are forced to death due to insufficient food, water and shelter.
- Factories and automobiles are also another major reason behind such increasing animal deaths. They release toxic chemicals into the air that is polluting the air, water and plants around the regions. There, it gets into the animals when the animals eat the plants, drink the water, or nest in the ground. These animals also die or are not able to reproduce thereafter. Thus, end to the animal community.
- The change in climate is also one of the reasons that are driving animals to tragic deaths. One of the major concerns of environment today being global warming that is affecting the lives of all living creatures on earth including humans.
Yet, despite Animal Organization efforts of raising Animal Charities and setting up Animal Rescue teams to help the species, the decrease in number of deaths is very minimal.