India is famous for its culture, travel destinations and especially as tigers’ habitat. To conserve the tigers, the government started the Tiger reserves projects aimed to protect the tigers, which are on the point of extinction. There are a number of world class tiger safari destinations across India. These tiger national parks are the excellent destination for people interested in wildlife and adventure activities.
Some of the famous tiger safari holiday destinations across India are:
1. Ranthambore Wildlife Park is situated in Rajasthan and surrounded by the Vindhya and Aravali hill ranges.This place is a haven for photographers who want to capture big cat on their cameras.This is a famous tourist spot especially with foreigners because of the excellent facilities provided to the tourists.
2. Set among the Vindhya hills of Madhya Pradesh is the Bandhavgard National park. It is best known as a natural habitat of a large number of tigers.This places is covered by thick trees of Sal and Bamboos.This Park is a habitat to almost 30 tigers.
3. The world famous Jim Corbett National park is the first national park which came under project tiger. The park is situated in the Nainital region of Uttarakhand. Named after legendary British hunter Jim Corbett, the park provides stunning views of the lush forests and grassland. The best season to visit is between October and February.
4. Pench National Park is situtated on the extreme south of Madhya Pradesh and covers 758 square kilometres of wildlife habitat. Rudyard Kipling's famous book 'The Jungle Book' was inspired by this jungles.The part has an amazing collection of different types of flora and fauna.
5. Situated in West Bengal is Sunderban National park, which is home to almost 400 Royal Bengal tigers. It is the largest mangrove forest in the world. Explore the national park September till May.
6. Kanha Tiger Reserve is situated in the district of Mandla in Madhya Pradesh. It is counted among the the largest tiger reserves located in India.This park is home to over 450 tigers.The main attractions of park include Elephant Safari and Kanha museum.
7. The Nameri National Park is situated at Tezpur in Assam is a famous tiger reserve in Assam. Animals like tiger, civet cat, elephant, leopard, jackals can be found here. The best time to visit is November to March.
8. Bandipur National Park is situated in Chamarajanagar district in Karnataka. Because of moderate climate and diverse geographical features, this park is a great habitat for wildlife.The main attraction of this national park is tiger, which can be found amidst tall thick forests.
9. Dudhwa National Park is located in the region of Lakhimpur-Kheri in Uttar Pradesh. It is the most popular tiger reserve in India. Apart from tigers, this place has a great collection of flora. More than 30 species of grass, 85 different types of trees, 100 species of herbs, shrubs are available here.
10. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary located in Kerala was made a tiger reserve in 1978. This sanctuary has great diversity in both flora and fauna. Elephants, tiger, nilgiri ta hr, nilgiri langur are the main attractions at this wildlife sanctuary.
Top 10 Tiger Safari Holiday Destinations in India