A gantry crane is typically an overhead crane that is used to lift maximum amount of heavy weight in factories. Gantry cranes are one of the best devices for applications that need an economical and portable means to lift variety of materials in manufacturing industries. Lightweight design allows for easy mobility and thus portable gantry cranes, for that instance, are designed to maximize the material handling needs in light-duty lifting applications.
Significance of Portable Gantry Crane in Various Industries
It is simply stated that, a gantry crane is the best lifting solution where heavy-duty loads are concerned. It is an indispensable device used in operations where large concrete slabs or heavy-duty shipping containers need to be moved or lifted from one place to another. They are made up of heavy duty structural steel and advanced welding and fabrication techniques. The construction and operations of such cranes are vital to the safety of any industrial operation. They are the most popular choice of devices in the industry because of the versatility and ruggedness they offer in most demanding situations. They have the capacity to tolerate heavy loads and lift them smoothly.
Moreover, one of the latest innovations in this sector is the telescopic mast straddle crane that is listed under the portable gantry crane. These units are compact but certainly offer high efficiency. They are widely used for moving, carrying, and/or placing loads that are heavy in weight.
There are several advantages of portable gantry crane, so let us take a look at some of them below.
Advantages of Portable Gantry Crane
- They play a large role in enabling you maneuver heavy loads and items in a facility.
- They are highly effective on spaces that are uneven.
- A user can move or reposition the entire crane from one location to another.
- It can serve as your instant workstation because you can easily move it or place it anywhere in a matter of fifteen minutes.
- Standard models in these cranes are used for lifting loads that weigh about 500 lbs to 10,000 lbs, whereas, customized models can handle materials that weigh up to 50,000 lbs.
- These cranes are highly suitable for various industrial operations that do not limit to repairing, assembly, and services.
In addition, most of the manufacturers also offer standard options on a shop crane or portable gantry cranes. So, whether you are investing on a shop crane or any other type of gantry crane, it is recommended you select models with adjustable height options. Indeed, a machine that serves you in more than one area in an industrial facility always happens to be the most prudent investment to an investor.
Since, these devices are a significant investment to an industry sector; it is advisable to purchase it from a reputable manufacturer. There are many manufacturers found in local areas and on online stores too.