PowerPoint 2007 packs in lots of new features which makes it an irresistible and mandatory upgrade. Incorporating a new user interface and streamlined features, the new version of PowerPoint enables you to work more efficiently and create stunning presentations. However, the presentations created with PowerPoint 2007 are not immune to corruption. They can become corrupt in many scenarios including system shutdown, fast saves option, power fluctuations and others. Corruption adversely affects the data stored in a presentation file, thus it becomes essential for you to compensate the data loss by acquiring a backup copy. And, if the idea of recovering data from a backup doesn't sound feasible, then you must dig the Internet for an appropriate and powerful PowerPoint recovery software.
Consider a scenario, wherein, you have to complete a presentation to be presented tomorrow to a client regarding your new software product. When you open the presentation file created with PowerPoint 2007, you might receive the following error message:
"PowerPoint found unreadable content in Presentation.pptx. Do you want to recover the contents of this presentation? If you trust the source of this presentation, click Yes."
You can acquire the unique number associated with the above error message by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+I. The unique number for the above error message is as follows:
You must be wondering what has gone wrong with the presentation file all of a sudden. The above error message clearly indicates that the presentation file is corrupt or damaged. Since the error message doesn't let you access the information stored in the presentation, you must observe valid and effective PPT recovery steps (as discussed in the Resolution).
In order to recover corrupt PowerPoint presentations, you must consider the following steps:
- Download Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2007, install it and open the damaged presentation
- Open the corrupt presentation in an earlier version, if it opens then insert the slides from the damaged file into a new file
- Try and copy the damaged presentation, if you cannot copy it, the file could be residing on a damaged area of hard disk.
- Run Scandisk and fix any errors.
- If PowerPoint 2007 still cannot cannot open the presentation, then you should opt for a ppt repair application.