Multivitamins are essential that can help in the development of your children both physically and mentally. Even the physicians prescribe for intake of multivitamins for growth of your children. It is a proven fact that multivitamins can resist many future health problems such as cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, etc. if being given from the very beginning. So, the requirement of infant multivitamins is must for a healthy growth.
Benefits of baby multivitamins:
Babies need balanced diet nutrition for proper growth. Proper intake of infant multivitamins helps your baby to grow strongly. Here are given some of the benefits of multivitamins that your baby requires:
- Vitamin A: It helps in the growth of developing your eyes including vision power at night. It also helps in development of your child’s immunity power.
- Vitamins (B6 and B12): Vitamin B6 develops your baby’s capacity of learning as well as behavioral development. It also helps in proper functioning of your baby’s nervous system.
Vitamin B12 helps in developing brain and red blood cells of your baby. Deficiency of this vitamin can lead to nerve damage of your baby.
- Vitamin C: This is required for healthy growth of your baby’s immune system, skin formation, blood vessels and healthy gums as well.
- Vitamin D: This is one of the essential nutrients that your baby requires. Insufficient vitamin D can make your baby to suffer from bone disorder. It also has other important roles to play such as prevention of cancer, diabetes and is also able to support the immune system in your baby’s body. Therefore, the physicians recommend supplement of vitamin D on regular basis from their (infants) starting period.
- Iron: Deficiency of iron can make your baby suffer from anemia. In addition, the iron deficiency can lead to other issues like delay in your child’s development, problems relating to behavior and learning as well. In other words, iron is required for normal and brain development.
Thus, by giving proper multivitamins to your baby, you can be rest assured that he or she would grow well.
How to give your baby multivitamins?
One of the best ways to give your baby multivitamins is to breastfeed him or her. Breast milk can be considered as a complete food for your baby. Even it can be given to your baby after many months post birth. The health care practitioners recommend that the infants need to be breastfed until the first year of their birth.
Breast milk is regarded as superior in providing infant multivitamins as it not only develops the immunity power in your child but also aims at meeting specific requirements as per the changes in time. In fact, it meets your baby’s needs in each and every stage of his or her development in growth. You need to make sure that you give proper nutrients to your child that he or she requires.
However, breast milk has one disadvantage of inability to provide required vitamin D and iron to your child. Therefore, it is recommended to provide him or her with baby food within six months of age.